Knoxville Preseason

K2ruth

Not sure but I think AC has been to one Substate since Leffew, Bollinger and Pittman went to state, (4 in a row). Maybe wrong by 1 just not 100% sure. That group was special as was several teams before them. 10 or 11 in a row i believe.

I have nothing to do with it any longer so I am not as up to date as I once was.

Chill are you interested in JV boys and girls games this fall?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree. This Farragut team is loaded. They should be in the state finals. It is sad that during the past three years Farragut and CAK have had the talent to win a state championship but coaching has held them back.

Farragut won't be challenged until they get to the state tournament, so coaching won't be a factor. Maybe the players can get it done despite of the coach. There are two players sitting that should be starting, but still no one in east TN can beat them.

Coaching is not holding CAK back. Just because there is a 6'5" girl on the court doesn't mean she is a middle or that her team is the best in the state. Did you see Sullivan South last year? If you think CAK should've won a state championship last year, you're nuts!!!

I can't speak for the Farragut coach. She's winning so she obviously has to know something. If she is as dumb as you all say she is, she'd be losing, trust me.

Get off the backs of these coaches. Do you realize what they are paid? And despite being paid in peanuts they still spend weekends away from family and with their teams to make them better. They scout, practice, and prepare their team the best they can.

Lastly, administration is never going to take a volleyball coach out of a position for being unsuccessful on the court. This is HIGH SCHOOL volleyball. It isn't a revenue sport and it doesn't attract huge crowds. Schools aren't worried if the girls volleyball team is winning or not. As long as there aren't any issues, the coach is staying. I wish it were different but it isn't.

I agree with Phandango. Farragut is the most talented team in the state in AAA. No one in their District or Region is capable of taking a game from them. But.,,a good coach, with talent, will beat them. They could even get beaten in Sectional play. They don't do anything but throw out 4 balls, and there are two college caliber players either sitting or not getting any sets.

Certain schools would make a change. Webb, Catholic and a couple of others come to mind. Farragut and Bearden should both be State Powers. Why are the parents being silent?

I wouldn't lump the CAK coach in with the Farragut coach. Although he is a close second he isn't as bad as she is. We had a bad one too and now she is at Lenoir City (thank goodness). The Farragut coach knows absolutley nothing about how to play to win. Phandango is correct, she has so many good players that she can take a nap and have a better outcome. The CAK coach tries to manipulate the game too much. Just let the girls play. You have a lot of talent, let them play.