Smoky Mountain Cup in Gatlinburg, TN!

zschrandt

What:  Second annual Smoky Mountain Cup high school soccer tournament in Gatlinburg, TN! The tournament will be hosted at Gatlinburg-Pittman High School and the Rocky Top Sports World on three newly installed, state-of-the art synthetic ï¬elds.  Fans, players, and parents alike will love attending a soccer tournament in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  Located just minutes from downtown Gatlinburg, our location makes this truly a destination tournament!  

Why Us:  Stay and play hotel discounted rates through the Rocky Top Sports World, 3 full synthetic turf ï¬elds plus an 80 yard turf warm-up ï¬eld, two stadium ï¬elds, Twitter and Facebook updates throughout the tournament, local vendors on site, tournament shirts, all- tournament team, beautiful championship trophies, local media outlet coverage, concessions at each ï¬eld, training staff on site, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Gatlinburg, TN on our doorstep! 

When:  March 13,14,15 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) to kick off the 2015 season. Games will be played on Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday morning.   

Who:  All teams are welcome to compete in the Smoky Mountain Cup.  However, we only have six spots remaining in the sixteen team ï¬eld, so respond quickly to reserve your team’s spot!   

Cost:  Just $250 per team in order to cover referee fees.   

Contact:  Please contact Zach Schrandt at zachschrandt@sevier.org or 865-712-8532 for more information.  You may also visit www.rockytopsportsworld.com for more information on the tournament location and facilities.  

Come join us for the second annual Smoky Mountain Cup!

Let's kick the season off in style in beautiful Gatlinburg, TN! 

• 4 weeks later...

Coaches:

Due to high interest, we have expanded the tournament field to 20 teams.  Currently, 18 teams are already committed to competing in the Smoky Mountain Cup.  If your team would like to join, please email me ASAP to reserve one of the final two spots.  Below is the list of teams already competing:

Collierville, Alcoa, Greeneville, Morristown East, Carter, Gibbs, Lenoir City, Stone Memorial, Rockwood, Sullivan South, Jefferson County, Chuckey-Doak, Grace Christian Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Sevier County, Seymour, The Kings Academy.

Email to: zachschrandt@sevier.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No offense ZS but my son played in a "college exposure" tourney there last weekend….and while the most  beautiful soccer venue I've ever seen…the concrete is WAY too close to the narrow field sidelines.  We had 3 injuries and 1 was to a 5y/o fan.  Once the boys' cleats hit the concrete, they were out of control!  They were either into the bleachers or road rash or taking out the first row of spectators.  

Fields are narrow but play can be adjusted to a small field.  If I was one of the guys that might get sued, I'd throw a little indoor/outdoor carpeting over the concrete.  Just saying'.  Refs were better than usual and everything else was outstanding except the 17 degree weather one morning, but that's soccer in the winter.  Fix the concrete issue I hope to play there 3 more years!  

Coaches:

Due to high interest, we have expanded the tournament field to 20 teams.  Currently, 18 teams are already committed to competing in the Smoky Mountain Cup.  If your team would like to join, please email me ASAP to reserve one of the final two spots.  Below is the list of teams already competing:

Collierville, Alcoa, Greeneville, Morristown East, Carter, Gibbs, Lenoir City, Stone Memorial, Rockwood, Sullivan South, Jefferson County, Chuckey-Doak, Grace Christian Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Sevier County, Seymour, The Kings Academy.

Email to: zachschrandt@sevier.org

just making sure you saw my above post.  

No offense ZS but my son played in a "college exposure" tourney there last weekend….and while the most  beautiful soccer venue I've ever seen…the concrete is WAY too close to the narrow field sidelines.  We had 3 injuries and 1 was to a 5y/o fan.  Once the boys' cleats hit the concrete, they were out of control!  They were either into the bleachers or road rash or taking out the first row of spectators.  

Fields are narrow but play can be adjusted to a small field.  If I was one of the guys that might get sued, I'd throw a little indoor/outdoor carpeting over the concrete.  Just saying'.  Refs were better than usual and everything else was outstanding except the 17 degree weather one morning, but that's soccer in the winter.  Fix the concrete issue I hope to play there 3 more years!  

Glad to hear that you found the Rocky Top Sports World as beautiful as I do. I agree that it is quite possibly the most beautiful setting for soccer around, As with any new facility, there are undoubtedly issues that arise.  I will certainly make sure that the staff is aware of the issue regarding the sidewalk for out tournament.  As you mentioned, utilizing some of the excess turf is a relatively simple short term solution.  

• 1 month later...

Clingman's Dome Division

Bartlett    Station Camp

Cookeville    Science Hill

Farragut    Houston    

Mount LeConte Division

Murfreesboro Cen.    Henry County  

Lenoir City   McGavok  

Brighton   Morristown East

Mount Kephart Divison

Alcoa   Sevier County  

Pigeon Forge   Gibbs