Smoky Mountain Cup in Gatlinburg, TN!

zschrandt

Does Anyone Know Where a Person can Find The REAL SCHEDULE? There is a Teams That have Dropped out for Different Reasons and A Utah Team Coming. Last Poster Had Schedule From Z2 Months Ago ? Anyone Know a Real link Or The True Schule ,?Id Love to Come

Every team playing has the new one posted on their Coach T page. Give me a little bit and I can enter type it all in. Didn't know the schedule was changed when I entered the last one.

GROUPS (Locations and times of all games can be found on the teams' Coacht.com page.)

South Gibson

White House

Lenoir City

McGavock

Madison Academic

Greeneville

Murfreesboro Cen.

Arlington

Jackson Christian

Sevier Co.

Henry Co.

Livingston Academy

Lexington

Morristown East

Pigeon Forge

Powell

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Maryville Christian

Jefferson Co.

Heritage

Grace Christian

Berean Christian

Clinton

Seymour

Alcoa

Carter

King's Academy

Stone Memorial

Gibbs

Rockwood

Sullivan South

Chuckey-Doak

Cookeville

Science Hill

Waterford (UT)

Houston

Bartlett

Hewitt-Trussville (AL)

Oak Ridge

Station Camp

GROUPS (Locations and times of all games can be found on the teams' Coacht.com page.)

South Gibson

White House

Lenoir City

McGavock

Madison Academic

Greeneville

Murfreesboro Cen.

Arlington

Jackson Christian

Sevier Co.

Henry Co.

Livingston Academy

Lexington

Morristown East

Pigeon Forge

Powell

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Maryville Christian

Jefferson Co.

Heritage

Grace Christian

Berean Christian

Clinton

Seymour

Alcoa

Carter

King's Academy

Stone Memorial

Gibbs

Rockwood

Sullivan South

Chuckey-Doak

Cookeville

Science Hill

Waterford (UT)

Houston

Bartlett

Hewitt-Trussville (AL)

Oak Ridge

Station Camp

Glad to hear that you found the Rocky Top Sports World as beautiful as I do. I agree that it is quite possibly the most beautiful setting for soccer around, As with any new facility, there are undoubtedly issues that arise.  I will certainly make sure that the staff is aware of the issue regarding the sidewalk for out tournament.  As you mentioned, utilizing some of the excess turf is a relatively simple short term solution.  

did they take care of this issue?

I haven't been there since the college exposure tourney, but I sure hope so!  It is a beautiful place to play soccer with views of Mt. LeConte!  But any soccer pitch needs at least 10' of grass or turf outside of the sidelines to be safe.  We had a couple of kids after games that had serious road rash that looked like they had laid down a motorcycle on asphalt…even worse, we had 3 young siblings knocked down and one hurt during the tournament.  

That said, they seem to run great tournaments, so hopefully the issue has been addressed. 

• 1 month later...

I will say first of all this is a beautiful place to play soccer! The fields are fine and it allows you to play even in the rain. Our team really enjoyed this tournament for many reasons. The most important reason is that this is the first tournament we have been to in years that really tried hard to slot the teams based on strength and school size. We had stopped going to tournaments due to always being put with monster schools instead of other schools our size. I am glad we went to this one. The way the brackets were put together led to tight games, good play and very high levels of intensity for our boys. While the results did not turn out as we might have liked, our team is freshman heavy with many starting and this was great experience for them. One thing I would like to see different, is that they provide a place to warm up. I think this is in progress, as the fields are surrounded by mud with no grass, but it does look like they are trying to get some grass to grow. This addition of a place to warm up would make this as close to perfect as you can get! Great setting, great fields, great soccer! We even liked the refs!

My staff and I would like to thank everyone that attended the 2015 Smoky Mountain Cup.  Despite the rain, there was truly some great high school soccer to watch all weekend.  It was an absolute joy and honor to bring so many teams and fans to Gatlinburg.  We hope that this tournament will continue to grow and showcase all the great teams, coaches and players from around the Southeast.  We will start building our list of teams for next year this week.  We will be expanding the field to 15 divisions, or 60 total teams. Our intent is to give teams from multiple states quality matches in some of the most beautiful surroundings to play the game.  Next year, everyone will notice continued improvements in the tournament and facility.  For the final standings in the 2015 Smoky Mountain Cup, please visit www.smokymountaincup.com.  The link to our Twiiter account is also listed on the website.  We will have the all -tournament teams from each division posted on the website shortly.  Again, we hope to have you all back next year.  Good luck this season!

Nole, How're the Wildcats looking this year? I saw where we beat a team from 'Bama and Memphis Bartlett. Do we have a chance to go far this year? Hopefully I will make it out to the Bearden Tournament and catch a few games.

Oak Ridge should win a lot more than they lose. Good players. They just need a little time to gel, bad weather and all. Go far? Getting out of the east requires beating Hardin Valley, Farragut, and Science Hill who are all LOADED. Hope to see you at the Bearden tournament (vs Father Ryan, Chattanooga Notre Dame, and Science Hill)

Edited by OR nole