District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Yeah having youth like y'all and us have you're going to take your lumps along the way, but if bodes very well for the future of both teams. I predict we will lose one of 2 games this weekend. Heck, we may lose both, but I am excited about this team. Only 1 senior (Ted Mitchell) on the whole team. Lots of things to be excited about. I'd love to play Alcoa again. Both teams have great traditions and that would be a great rivalry I think. I also wouldn't mind seeing us play in football one of these years.

I wouldn't mind squaring off on the gridiron either myself. I'm sure Joe Gaddis will want another shot at Rankin.

This year's Oak Ridge team should still make at LEAST the substate round IMO. Heck, y'all might go back to the Boro this year. I just don't see anyone else in Region 2-AAA that will stop you right now, unless I'm completely missing someone.

Even if y'all have a learning experience at D-B next weekend, it'll just make you better.

It never helps that Webb uses a different association. The situation was made worse given that on two of the calls, one official had a block, the other a charge and even worse several of the questionable calls were made the official that is a Catholic parent. OOPS I didn't think there were 8 charges but most were good calls given that we drive in out of control. Bottom line you shoot 12/51 you're not going to beat many people.

6 charges they called on catholic and the 2 catholic took that were called blocks.  The one that hurt was the BASELINE ref calling a block and the other "official" running in from half court calling it a charge.

6 charges they called on catholic and the 2 catholic took that were called blocks. The one that hurt was the BASELINE ref calling a block and the other "official" running in from half court calling it a charge.

Agreed! I always get mad when an official that wasn't anywhere near the play corrects the official that was standing right there.

I have no clue where Kingston gets their officials and have no desire to. 49 fouls were called tonight, talk about a long game. It also didn't help that we had 19 turnovers.

Nevertheless, Alcoa out-rebounded Kingston 38-26 and shot 50% from the floor en route to a 57-48 victory. We're 1-0 in district play, so I'll take it!!

Next up, a home game against Maryville tomorrow!

Go Alcoa, Amen!!!

Heartbreak City in A-town tonight. Maryville had us dead to all rights late in the game, then we hit a bunch of 3's in the 4th to tie it. Maryville then scored and Alcoa had a chance but couldn't convert. We fell just short 55-53.

Next up, Renasant Bank Christmas tournament at Maryville High School.

Alcoa is better than most of the teams in 4-AAA and obviously very even with the two best - Maryville and Bearden. I frankly don't think there is much difference between the best teams in AA and AAA ball in East Tennessee, except Oak Ridge is clear # 1 at the moment.