District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

Can someone explain this to me. If a pass is thrown and intercepted by a defender and he's fouled does he not shoot free throws? How is that considered a player control foul preventing a team from shooting free throws?

My honest answer: I really don't know.

My only guess for player-control would be the fact that the offensive player must have run into the defender either simultaneously or immediately after he intercepted the pass. Sounds to me like a tough judgment call. Then again, I haven't read the rule book.

You coming to A-town tonight?

Can someone explain this to me.  If a pass is thrown and intercepted by a defender and he's fouled does he not shoot free throws? How is that considered a player control foul preventing a team from shooting free throws?

I'd have to see the play but, their calling a lot of off the ball player control fouls this season. Rather than shoot fts all night they just make it a loss of possession.

I'd have to see the play but, their calling a lot of off the ball player control fouls this season. Rather than shoot fts all night they just make it a loss of possession.

Grace Christian was in-bounding the ball, a player from Catholic stole the pass, another player from Grace fouled the player from Catholic.  The ref called it a player control foul said there would be no free throw shots. Grace had 9 team fouls at the time and it was a 5 point game. Oh well it is what it is.

Edited by QSouth89

Grace Christian was in-bounding the ball, a player from Catholic stole the pass, another player from Grace fouled the player from Catholic.  The ref called it a player control foul said there would be no free throw shots. Grace had 9 team fouls at the time and it was a 5 point game. Oh well it is what it is.

Sounds like a blown call to me. Officiating is as bad as I've sen it this year. Gonna have some rough nights. CC lost last night but it was prolly the best officiated game they've had all season.

Grace player pushed the Catholic player prior to him controlling the ball on the steal creating the player control issue (similar to pass interference in football, contact occurred before the ball got there). He didn't intercept the ball and then get pushed-he was pushed before the ball got there. I thought it was the proper call.

Edited by IrishBBall