• Recent Posts

• Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.
    • Lee would have been a good choice, also.  I'm sure Benny was involved with the decision.  
    • Personally I was pulling for Lee Hammonds to get another shot. He’s earned it! 
    • Tyler Williams was the logical choice to be named head football. He served as the Highlanders’ strength coach and offensive coordinator.
    • I went to practice yesterday and liked what I saw for the most part. Derek and crew have done a good job during the off-season. I was very impressed with the size of some of those boys on the offensive line. My only regret was one of the boys I was really pulling for to have a good year was dismissed from the team. I have to applaud the coaches for setting examples for the others, no one is bigger than the team. One other thing, I was hoping with that big rain we got this week some of that  yellow paint would dissolve but it didn't.