Gordonsville 2014

croz6110

There's more leadership in this senior class than there was last year, plus many returning starters.

Smith Co. won't be as good as they were last year, and we beat them. That was as much their own fault, but we won.

Westmoreland has only beat us once or twice in the past 10 years. Goodpasture their whole offense but the QB. Trousdale will hands down be the best team we face, and we hung with them last year.

Last year's team, due to lack of leadership, was very inconsistent. We hung with TC, but yet, lost to Fayetteville. And, Fayetteville will be better this year.

So far, what I've seen is our secondary struggles against the pass, and our O-line has a weak spot or two.

We're not going to face many passing teams and overall our O-line should be better than last year.

So, 9-1. :rolleyes:

Why do you think SC wont be as good as last season? From all that I've heard, they are already better.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen them scrimmage and practice I can assure you they are improved. Especially on offense. 

I'll believe it when I see it. They could be, but what I'm hearing is I don't see how they can even practice with all the injuries.

I know they scrimmaged Clay Co. Well, Clay has not been very good at all for quite a few years. Most teams look good against them.

SC backed out of a scrimmage with good competition. That would've told them more, even if they would've had to play the backups due to injury.

I'll believe it when I see it. They could be, but what I'm hearing is I don't see how they can even practice with all the injuries.

I know they scrimmaged Clay Co. Well, Clay has not been very good at all for quite a few years. Most teams look good against them.

SC backed out of a scrimmage with good competition. That would've told them more, even if they would've had to play the backups due to injury.

They only have 4 players out now, 2 of wich will likely return. Hunters lane scrimmage yesterday looked good. Very physical, well coahed team. Execution on offense was better than I expected. Defense shut them down after their first drive. The rb is a blaze of lightning who don't seem to be afraid to hit you head on this year. White county scrimmage cancelled yes. Too many injuries, most have healed. But we did scrimmage wc back in spring and basically tore them to shreds. Hunters lane was much bigger and faster than us. They handled it well. Ill kind of agree with you on clay county, however those guys are a bit improved this year. Good size on that team this year. But you know, never really can tell until you get on the field in a game situation before you really see how its gonna be. Alcoa wont be a good gauge(obviously) but I really think sc will have a better than expected season.

There's more leadership in this senior class than there was last year, plus many returning starters.

Smith Co. won't be as good as they were last year, and we beat them. That was as much their own fault, but we won.

Westmoreland has only beat us once or twice in the past 10 years. Goodpasture lost their whole offense but the QB. Trousdale will hands down be the best team we face, and we hung with them last year.

Last year's team, due to lack of leadership, was very inconsistent. We hung with TC, but yet, lost to Fayetteville. And, Fayetteville will be better this year.

So far, what I've seen is our secondary struggles against the pass, and our O-line has a weak spot or two.

We're not going to face many passing teams and overall our O-line should be better than last year.

So, 9-1. :rolleyes:

They only have 4 players out now, 2 of wich will likely return. Hunters lane scrimmage yesterday looked good. Very physical, well coahed team. Execution on offense was better than I expected. Defense shut them down after their first drive. The rb is a blaze of lightning who don't seem to be afraid to hit you head on this year. White county scrimmage cancelled yes. Too many injuries, most have healed. But we did scrimmage wc back in spring and basically tore them to shreds. Hunters lane was much bigger and faster than us. They handled it well. Ill kind of agree with you on clay county, however those guys are a bit improved this year. Good size on that team this year. But you know, never really can tell until you get on the field in a game situation before you really see how its gonna be. Alcoa wont be a good gauge(obviously) but I really think sc will have a better than expected season.

HUnters Lane usually have some good athletes