Super 6 plan

randy3116

A new football classification plan that will be recommended at the TSSAA on Monday. The largest 32 schools in enrollment will be placed in Class 6A for football. As a result, all 32 teams will advance to the playoffs.

The remaining schools will be placed in 8 regions in 5 classes and the top 4 teams from each region will advance.

If approved, the plan will go into effect in 2015.

Opinions? Thoughts?

As long as there are an even number of teams in each region, then that is probably the best option that is passable. 

While I liked the old region system better than the discombobulated muti playoff classification playing in one regular season classification district system that we have now, the issue that needed to be addressed was the inconsistent number of teams in the old regions.  It needs to be uniform, or as uniform as possible. 

It's not equitible for one region to have 5 or 6 teams with a top 4 making the playoffs, and another to have 8 or 9 teams, with the same number making the playoffs.  That's where you can get 1 or 2 win teams in the playoffs, which doesn't make a lot of sense.  If the numbers work out as evenly as possile in terms of teams in each region, then it will probably work. 

Also going to the "Super 32" will help with scheduling and allow for some rivals to play again, since they don't have to worry about total wins being the most formidable criteria for playoff qualification if a team doesn't finish top 2 in a distrcit.  A "Super 32" type system is in place in several other states in the SE US, as well.  Seems to work ok. 

Tricities Sports had a breakdown of how the districts would look under this new plan. (http://tricitiessports.com/tssaa-appears-ready-to-adopt-super-proposal-for-high-school-football-on-p71604-116.htm) They have Catholic listed under 5A but the schools enrollment numbers are down (625 students) so even with the multiplier KCHS would remain in 4A with 1125.

Tricities Sports had a breakdown of how the districts would look under this new plan. (http://tricitiessports.com/tssaa-appears-ready-to-adopt-super-proposal-for-high-school-football-on-p71604-116.htm) They have Catholic listed under 5A but the schools enrollment numbers are down (625 students) so even with the multiplier KCHS would remain in 4A with 1125.

Just asking because I am not sure, but it seems like I saw something that said that privates have to move up at least one class to stay in Division 1. 

Or maybe that's just something I dreamed.  :rolleyes:

Lots of questions and details to unravel.  I know a team can move into the Super 32 if they can get a team to swap with them, but will they still allow teams in other divisions to play up if they choose?  Is there still a multiplier on privates (until the split happens, that is)?  How will this affect classifications in other sports?  The proposed regions in the article have 6-10 teams.  The region with Signal has 10 teams.  How will that all pan out?

Edited by MountainTroll

Lots of questions and details to unravel. I know a team can move into the Super 32 if they can get a team to swap with them, but will they still allow teams in other divisions to play up if they choose? Is there still a multiplier on privates (until the split happens, that is)? How will this affect classifications in other sports? The proposed regions in the article have 6-10 teams. The region with Signal has 10 teams. How will that all pan out?

The multiplier is still 1.8. I haven't heard about the private schools playing up in order to remain in D-1 but I guess we will find out tomorrow.

This plan is a joke. It is all about money for the TSSAA. Travel times will increase for schools which will result in less revenue, but the TSSAA will keep their 8 state champs and playoff money. I thought they were suppose to act in the best interest of the majority?

confucius say...screw travel times...good teams have a very hard time getting any locals to schedule them anyway's and end up having to drive to another state to get a game....then we have to wait for the other states to finish there games so we can seed our playoffs....now thats screwed up!!!