Super 6 plan

randy3116

I can't believe they are forced to do anything because the T$$AA already has schools set in place regarding enrollment. Didn't realize these teams were being made to play each other. I'm sick at the thought of every school going to the playoffs no matter what. That's where stupid comes into the picture.nnwubt.jpg

think of it like this for the Super 32, in bball u can be 0-28 and still be in the district bball tourn. You play a #1 in round 1, and your done. Its like the Super 32 have a 11 game schedule.

I can't believe they are forced to do anything because the T$$AA already has schools set in place regarding enrollment. Didn't realize these teams were being made to play each other. I'm sick at the thought of every school going to the playoffs no matter what. That's where stupid comes into the picture.

I can't believe you are not understanding this. The current setup puts teams from two classes in the same district. That's 5A and 6A teams for what we are talking about. 5A starts at just over 1000 students and you know that 6A goes to the biggest school which is probably 2400+ so there you go. That is how these small schools are "forced" to play the huge ones. It isn't good for either of them and that is what the TSSAA is trying to fix here. It isn't perfect but it is better than what exists now.

I can't believe you are not understanding this. The current setup puts teams from two classes in the same district. That's 5A and 6A teams for what we are talking about. 5A starts at just over 1000 students and you know that 6A goes to the biggest school which is probably 2400+ so there you go. That is how these small schools are "forced" to play the huge ones. It isn't good for either of them and that is what the TSSAA is trying to fix here. It isn't perfect but it is better than what exists now.

I follow you now. There should be teams that are willing to go up which I think a few might be willing but none are to move down. Make this thing for forty plus teams or some team is going to be in the playoffs with a 0-10 record and make a joke out of all of it because the T$$AA isn't going to cut back playoff games because of GREED. Yes T$$AA your GREEDY and in the end you will destroy high school football through bad experiments that can and will hurt attendance due to travel and turning a tiger lose on a small animal which no one wants to pat and see. I do understand your side and I have been there watching people stop by the gate at Maryville game's giving their tickets to someone entering the gate for a game they didn't want to watch.

I think there are alot of teams in 5A that could be up to the challenge...we play just as good as anyone in the 6A  district...don't measure 5A by one team, West who is a regular matchup and just may be a bad matchup...try some others instead of the same ole teams you dominate year after year....that could be a good measuring stick.....

Edited by PassiveAggressive

• 1 month later...

As with any plan that's proposed and adopted, there will be people that don't like it.  There will be others that like parts of it and dislike others.  It's a difficult thing to accomplish something that suits everyone across the board.  As they say "you'll never make everyone happy".

There will be some winners in the new system and there will be some losers.  I guess we'll all sit and wait to see what happens to our teams and go from there.  I hate that there could be some rivalries lost, but there could be some that are renewed as you're not punished for out of region losses.

Time will tell...