Week 0: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

Highlander, heard you fellars look pretty good. A man that knows the game well said y'all had some backs that could really tote the rock. Glad to hear speedy recovered and is back in action. I'm hearing 6 or 7 wins & another play off trip is a very reasonable expectation this year. That's pretty dang good when you look at some of the folks on the schedule. Also heard the numbers are the highest in school history, at least earlier this year anyway. All this is great to hear, I'm glad to hear the program is moving in the right direction. I'm still waiting on that shocker to happen when y'all beat one of the big dawgs, it'll happen one of these days.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander, heard you fellars look pretty good. A man that knows the game well said y'all had some backs that could really tote the rock. Glad to hear speedy recovered and is back in action. I'm hearing 6 or 7 wins & another play off trip is a very reasonable expectation this year. That's pretty dang good when you look at some of the folks on the schedule. Also heard the numbers are the highest in school history, at least earlier this year anyway. All this is great to hear, I'm glad to hear the program is moving in the right direction. I'm still waiting on that shocker to happen when y'all beat one of the big dawgs, it'll happen one of these days.

Yes its nice to see a change in tradition around the highlanders. I hope we keep it rolling in this direction and pull one off against the "Big 3", maybe not this year but we are heading in the right direction. Anyway like to see Oneida pull off another 92 season within the decade. They've got the foundation (started since the 1930's). But first things first the 2014 match up Oneida vs Rockwood. I'm sure the staff will have the young men focused on the task at hand. Hopefully I'll catch a game or two this year with the men in orange. How bout them play clocks fellas! Woot woot! Now if we can get large video boards, grassy synthetic turf and audio systems. Perhaps even double sided glass pressboxes ehh? In time...

No illusion that our game will be easy against Rock-Vegas.  The Tigers are solid and #1 played really well last year, so we know all about him.  Our line has played up and down this pre-season.  They made some strides in the Kingston game by opening some holes against a team with somewhat bigger size.  I think we have the tools in a number of positions to beat Rockwood, but would expect it to be a grind.  Lambo's D is still very good and I think the linebacker crew is very good at finishing tackles, at this point so is the defensive backfield too.  I think we might put up 17 or 21 on them and they will be hard pressed to score twice, although that could be wrong.  I'm gonna go with a score of 21-7 Oneida.....?

Kazality

I HAVE GOT 2 SEE THE TIGERS A FEW TIMES ALREADY GUYS AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN IT COULD BE A LONG YEAR FOR ROCKWOOD THEY CAN NOT TACKLE RIGHT NOW AND ARE HAVING A REAL HARD TIME CREATING RUNNING LANES AND IN JOHN WEBBS O THAT SPELLS TROUBLE WHAT I CANT FIGURE OUT IS HOW A TEAM THAT BRINGS BACK ALL THE STARTING O LINEMAN AND A 13 OR 14OO BACK IS HAVING THIS MUCH TROUBLE BUT THIS IS JUST FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN

I saw the Rockwood vs Sunbright scrimmage via video(search: RHS Scrimmage 08/07/14 Vs Sunbright). I'm not sure what the score was but Rockwood's defense and run game looked decent, imo. Sunbright looked okay too. I'm not sure how they compare to Oneida, I didn't get to see them scrimmage but wanted to go to one.

I think Rockwood will have a down year (in comparison to recent years) this year. They're real young and just didn't look all there. But you can never tell with Coach Webb. He's a great coach and they could end up surprising me. But for now I'll take Oneida by a couple touchdowns, with the potential of their depth running away with it.