8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

I am by no means taking up for the refs in our association.  I just want to clarify that!  There have been games were I would love to post my feelings about the refs and how I thought we got the raw end of some calls.  However, what good does that do?  They are going to get to any better, and we can't control what they do.  It reminds me of that old quote, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it." Control what you can control. 

• Upvote 1

You're right! It was the other DC Tiger user, sorry about that. I still think think the district record is the best statistic tho ;). Cheers!

Are you talking about me? Lol. I think most would vouch that I'm pretty objective when talking about the teams in our district.

If I've posted something out of line by all means please quote it and bring it to my attention.....

Are you talking about me? Lol. I think most would vouch that I'm pretty objective when talking about the teams in our district.

If I've posted something out of line by all means please quote it and bring it to my attention.....

Not at all, I mistakenly combined yours and the other DC fan comments together. I got my feathers ruffled about the toughness of schedule post and thought you and him were the same person.

On another note, I have finally seen all the boys teams and would like to make a final prediction.. 

1. Cannon 12-2  - Has LA and UH left to play, probable lose to one.

2. Livingston 11-3 - Gave another loss because of the above reason with CC and UH.

3. York 9-5 - Lose to LA but will beat Macon and Central.

4. Macon 8-6 - Lose to York but will beat Central and Smith.

5. Upperman 7-7 - Never loses by much, will probably upset CC or LA.

6. Dekalb 4-10 - Win against central and smith but lose to CC.

6. Smith 4-10 - Lose the rest, They won vs Macon at home but I have them losing at Macon

8 Central 1-13 - I just don't think they can put a whole game together.

Nobody was trying to hurt anyone at the game last night on either side but you have to call what should be called for both sides regardless of the size of the player. Blevins just does not get the calls he should get because of his size!

I got blasted & called a sore losser for making a comment just like this a couple years ago. You are right about discrimination against bigger players. LA had a size advantage with the Ramseys those boys had two people hanging on them all the time & couldn't breath without getting a foul called against them. CC earlier this year held & hooked Eldridge on the block the whole game. The refs do have a "small dog" complex. I sit under the basket at the home games & you see alot of the dirty play when you are that close. I see pinching, elbowing, & alot of talking. CC does their share.

Not at all, I mistakenly combined yours and the other DC fan comments together. I got my feathers ruffled about the toughness of schedule post and thought you and him were the same person.

On another note, I have finally seen all the boys teams and would like to make a final prediction..

1. Cannon 12-2 - Has LA and UH left to play, probable lose to one.

2. Livingston 11-3 - Gave another loss because of the above reason with CC and UH.

3. York 9-5 - Lose to LA but will beat Macon and Central.

4. Macon 8-6 - Lose to York but will beat Central and Smith.

5. Upperman 7-7 - Never loses by much, will probably upset CC or LA.

6. Dekalb 4-10 - Win against central and smith but lose to CC.

6. Smith 4-10 - Lose the rest, They won vs Macon at home but I have them losing at Macon

8 Central 1-13 - I just don't think they can put a whole game together.

Ah I see. No problem at all.

Your predictions are spot on other than swapping DC and SC. We will not go into Carthage and win by playing like we have the last 4 games.

I got blasted & called a sore losser for making a comment just like this a couple years ago. You are right about discrimination against bigger players. LA had a size advantage with the Ramseys those boys had two people hanging on them all the time & couldn't breath without getting a foul called against them. CC earlier this year held & hooked Eldridge on the block the whole game. The refs do have a "small dog" complex. I sit under the basket at the home games & you see alot of the dirty play when you are that close. I see pinching, elbowing, & alot of talking. CC does their share.

Edited by spreadthewealth

I've done some officiating before and when you have big guys like Eldridge and Blevins they will draw lots of fouls because of their size. Officials are aware of this and are willing to let some fouls go, otherwise there would be fouls called every trip down the floor which kills the flow of the game and is boring to watch. Nobody wants to watch a free throw contest all night. Additionally, if you're a big guy, you should expect things to be rough inside, you just have to play through it and realize it comes with the territory

I've done some officiating before and when you have big guys like Eldridge and Blevins they will draw lots of fouls because of their size. Officials are aware of this and are willing to let some fouls go, otherwise there would be fouls called every trip down the floor which kills the flow of the game and is boring to watch. Nobody wants to watch a free throw contest all night. Additionally, if you're a big guy, you should expect things to be rough inside, you just have to play through it and realize it comes with the territory

Exactly proves my point. A foul is a foul...period. If it is officiated correctly then the defense shouldn't get away with fouling because it disrupts the flow of the game or makes it a FT contest. The offensive team shouldn't have to suffer a disadvantage because officials think a 6-5 kid should be able to take it. You can't penalize any kid because he is big.

Actually I think just the opposite (surprise), if it's officiated correctly then teams would quit doing it on the defensive end. Would actually make the game more free flowing if defenses knew they couldn't use it as a tactic.

Just the opinion of a redneck up on the mountain.

Exactly proves my point. A foul is a foul...period. If it is officiated correctly then the defense shouldn't get away with fouling because it disrupts the flow of the game or makes it a FT contest. The offensive team shouldn't have to suffer a disadvantage because officials think a 6-5 kid should be able to take it. You can't penalize any kid because he is big.

Actually I think just the opposite (surprise), if it's officiated correctly then teams would quit doing it on the defensive end. Would actually make the game more free flowing if defenses knew they couldn't use it as a tactic.

Just the opinion of a redneck up on the mountain.

In all seriousness, was the fouling an issue when York beat Cannon in Jamestown this year? It is just funny how this seems to be an issue now after York loss.

In all seriousness, was the fouling an issue when York beat Cannon in Jamestown this year? It is just funny how this seems to be an issue now after York loss.

I have said all season that the grabbing and holding has been ridiculous. Win or lose it's really an issue and I am sure Eldridge and LA would agree.

By no means was it the reason LA or CC laid the wood to us. They both dominated in every facet of the game in both those losses.

Would just like to see it cleaned up. HS ball should not be a knock-off of the Pistons in the late 80s and early 90s.