8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

The first round is elimination. The winners(top 4) play for seeding in the region tourney. The District champ. is a 1 seed in the region match-up and will play the 4 seed from the other District.

District tournament is single elimination...correct on rest. It really comes down to getting to region...then finish in top 2 to move on.

I don't really like the format too much...but I don't know a better alternative either. You can possibly survive a bad game a couple of times.

District tournament is single elimination...correct on rest. It really comes down to getting to region...then finish in top 2 to move on.

I don't really like the format too much...but I don't know a better alternative either. You can possibly survive a bad game a couple of times.

I'm only 25, so I've ever only known this particular format. Has it always been like this? If not, when did it go to this format, and what was the old one? You may not know, but I figured you'd be a good person to ask.

I'm only 25, so I've ever only known this particular format. Has it always been like this? If not, when did it go to this format, and what was the old one? You may not know, but I figured you'd be a good person to ask.

It has been the format most of the time. It was changed several years ago...but was changed back. It does make you have to beat the same team several times...up to 5 to win a title. There has been several instances one team has beaten the other 4 times and lose to them in title game.

It has been the format most of the time. It was changed several years ago...but was changed back. It does make you have to beat the same team several times...up to 5 to win a title. There has been several instances one team has beaten the other 4 times and lose to them in title game.

What did the format look like when it was changed several years ago?

Congrats to all the young men with 8aa honors. According to the game statistics on www.hsgamcenter, LA rewarded players with low game statistics. No big deal really, statistics just keep productivity honest. Motivation I guess. Good luck 8aa teams.

A coach doesnt vote for his own players. All awards were pretty unanimous per coaches from what I have heard.

Maybe, once upon a time coaches nominated team players but couldn't vote for them. No big deal, really. Its great motivation for players. I just found it interesting that LA doesn't put stats into Hearld Citizen like other 8aa schools . By the way! Most matched 8aa honors selections. I found hsgamecenter.com LA stats and some of the LA district honorees are extremely low as compared to other LA teammates and other 8aa schools. Stats don't lie. I just found it interesting and to be honest and very dishonorable. . So, please do your on homework and you decide. WLIV is a great source for LA game stats ,as well.

Maybe, once upon a time coaches nominated team players but couldn't vote for them. No big deal, really. Its great motivation for players. I just found it interesting that LA doesn't put stats into Hearld Citizen like other 8aa schools . By the way! Most matched 8aa honors selections. I found hsgamecenter.com LA stats and some of the LA district honorees are extremely low as compared to other LA teammates and other 8aa schools. Stats don't lie. I just found it interesting and to be honest and very dishonorable. . So, please do your on homework and you decide. WLIV is a great source for LA game stats ,as well.

Just what do you find dishonorable? If you're referring to the two first team all district picks from LA as being 'dishonorable' based on some stats you found somewhere, you apparently haven't watched any 8aa boys basketball this year. Either that or you're  just plain 'stupid'!

Edited by rabbitranch
  • Upvote 1