8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Just what do you find dishonorable? If you're referring to the two first team all district picks from LA as being 'dishonorable' based on some stats you found somewhere, you apparently haven't watched any 8aa boys basketball this year. Either that or you're  just plain 'stupid'!

I said some of the players. I wasn't! referring to 1st team selections.I just pointed out the stats don't back up a defensive selection and a 3rd team selection. Frankly, LA had more production from the bench. In those selections listed. That is all stats. So, unwad your panties and be easy on the stupid. It's a valid point. Keep the stats public like the rest of 8aa and that keeps things honest if you truly reward for production.

I said some of the players. I wasn't! referring to 1st team selections.I just pointed out the stats don't back up a defensive selection and a 3rd team selection. Frankly, LA had more production from the bench. In those selections listed. That is all stats. So, unwad your panties and be easy on the stupid. It's a valid point. Keep the stats public like the rest of 8aa and that keeps things honest if you truly reward for production.

My panties have a way of getting in a wad when someone gets on here and makes an idiotic statement such as the one you made, saying a selection of a certain player or players was 'dishonorable', or the 'stats' say they don't deserve a certain award. It's too bad that every young athlete who plays their heart out every week doesn't get recognized as they should. Sadly that's not the way it is. I don't think the selections are always entirely fair, but they are what they are. If you have a player who you think should be recognized, by all means, promote them. Don't put down the kids who made the list!  P.S.   I think LA's Gore should have been somewhere on the list. Great young man who contributed much to LA's 2nd place district finish.

Selections are mute @ this point. What Good HS Basketball Coach is going to offer such sats. Let opposing Teams research on their on.   More than stats to seletions! All of 8AA are NOT public were ever you heard that.  Congratulations To Cannon County Lions for Placing #10 in the AP Poll. Shine on 8AA and make us Proud !!!     

My panties have a way of getting in a wad when someone gets on here and makes an idiotic statement such as the one you made, saying a selection of a certain player or players was 'dishonorable', or the 'stats' say they don't deserve a certain award. It's too bad that every young athlete who plays their heart out every week doesn't get recognized as they should. Sadly that's not the way it is. I don't think the selections are always entirely fair, but they are what they are. If you have a player who you think should be recognized, by all means, promote them. Don't put down the kids who made the list!  P.S.   I think LA's Gore should have been somewhere on the list. Great young man who contributed much to LA's 2nd place district finish.

Stats don't lie

Stats don't lie

Well our players that made the all defensive team deserved the honor. You can cause 5 turnovers & someone else get the actual steal. So numbers dont tell the whole story. They work their butt off every possession & anyone watching can see that. Coaches who vote on this dont care as much about numbers as the effect that player has against the flow of their offense. As for 3rd team, I think you could throw Crowder, Gore, Qualls, Miller, Dillon, or Clark in there(I would hate to try & pick 2 out) This team is that balanced. I think we got snubbed on 2nd team & hands down Gore is most improved! Edited by oldkodger

Well our players that made the all defensive team deserved the honor. You can cause 5 turnovers & someone else get the actual steal. So numbers dont tell the whole story. They work their butt off every possession & anyone watching can see that. Coaches who vote on this dont care as much about numbers as the effect that player has against the flow of their offense. As for 3rd team, I think you could throw Crowder, Gore, Qualls, Miller, Dillon, or Clark in there(I would hate to try & pick 2 out) This team is that balanced. I think we got snubbed on 2nd team & hands down Gore is most improved!

+1

Well our players that made the all defensive team deserved the honor. You can cause 5 turnovers & someone else get the actual steal. So numbers dont tell the whole story. They work their butt off every possession & anyone watching can see that. Coaches who vote on this dont care as much about numbers as the effect that player has against the flow of their offense. As for 3rd team, I think you could throw Crowder, Gore, Qualls, Miller, Dillon, or Clark in there(I would hate to try & pick 2 out) This team is that balanced. I think we got snubbed on 2nd team & hands down Gore is most improved!

Stats don't lie... Post them for people to see. Get a defensive award and lead the team in turnovers. What about steals? Forced turnovers? What if your bench player had more steals per game? Blocks? Defensive rebounds? To be chosen for an award one most have top production in one category, just like1st team honorees.How can you reward one for less production?

Do you honor for friendship, seniority or intelligence? If so,name an award and give it to them.

Stats don't lie..... They just confirm the production.

Stats don't lie... Post them for people to see. Get a defensive award and lead the team in turnovers. What about steals? Forced turnovers? What if your bench player had more steals per game? Blocks? Defensive rebounds? To be chosen for an award one most have top production in one category, just like1st team honorees.How can you reward one for less production?

Do you honor for friendship, seniority or intelligence? If so,name an award and give it to them.

Stats don't lie..... They just confirm the production.

Just checked the website that you said you got your stats from. This site where your 'stats don't lie' info came from has about one third of LA's final scores incorrect. Some of their scores are not even close to the actual final game scores. If they can't get the game scores correct, are you sure these 'stats that don't lie' you are referring to are factual? It's beginning to look more and more like you are just trying to use your argument about statistics in a back-handed attempt to put down a certain hard playing young man who received an award that he deserved. It's done. Get over it and quit crying! 

I a BOBCAT fan we play LA twice this year saw them in summer camp saw them play COOKEVILLE when they at LIVINGSTON to me the GORE kid one of the top three kid on the team can play D handle the ball not a bad shot hustle then he does not get any awards in 8AA it look to me the same old thing going on now as it was when the other coach was there it who you are not who the best that bad GO BOBCATS

I just got home from work drinking a few beer a friend here we talking 8 AA he said do you remember 2008 when the three that play at LMS grade school came to PICKETT wonder why

The same thing is going on with the LA boys as 2008. The players earn their playing time! The coach then and the coach now used players they could win with. The main reason players from Overton co. go to Pickett co. is the fact that they realize their playing time at LA will be limited due to the competition. The winning record of both LA coaches that you're referring to speaks for itself. You probably should drink your booze and worry about your own team rather than stick your limited intellect into LA's business!