Something that grinds my gears......

bigbearsfan

When the opposing team takes off for a big run, and is knocked down at the 10 yard line, you don't cheer like something good has happened. This is always women, and is usually mothers or grandmothers.

They mean well, but it has always been annoying to me.

Just be glad that they're in the stands supporting the kids. Don't get me wrong...I've been a huge football fan since I can remember, and take a little pride in my understanding of the game. Our football team is in it's fifth season, and most of the female fanbase (lots of guys too) know VERY little about the game...yes I've been annoyed by it at times but, it's far better that they're there learning the game ( paying their way as they go ) and cheering for the kids, even if it's not at the appropriate time. Choose where you sit carefully and ignore the things that bother you or just do what I do... watch from the sidelines without sitting down and move around according to present company.

Just be glad that they're in the stands supporting the kids. Don't get me wrong...I've been a huge football fan since I can remember, and take a little pride in my understanding of the game. Our football team is in it's fifth season, and most of the female fanbase (lots of guys too) know VERY little about the game...yes I've been annoyed by it at times but, it's far better that they're there learning the game ( paying their way as they go ) and cheering for the kids, even if it's not at the appropriate time. Choose where you sit carefully and ignore the things that bother you or just do what I do... watch from the sidelines without sitting down and move around according to present company.

Exactly!