Sequatchie co @ Grundy co

Quest4titles

No one cheers like the PA announcer-which is not supposed to be happening. Bush league and when it's done all the way to the snap it can affect audibles. Quarterback was clearly across the goalline on the 2 point conversion, would have tied the game, but there still would have been time for either team to take the lead. Sequatchie should have had time to at least try for another punt block (blocked one late for a tying safety) on the last play of regulation but the refs apparently lost track of time (scoreboard malfunctioned so it was kept on the field). 44 seconds after a timeout, quick pass stopped immediately but all the time runs out. Grundy deserves the win, got more points. QB made the throws and the athletes made the big plays when needed. Sequatchie made plenty of mistakes including one player coming in late on a PAT which was blocked, I dont know if it was directly due to that but it can certainly throw off blocking.

Did Sequatchie really outgain Grundy 438 to 180? Grundy had 180 yards of offense but scored 36 points? what??

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie fans need to grow up and take the L. Give Grundy credit they were the better team.

I agree Quest. Too much whining. Sequatchie was supposed to win by a bunch. Referee didn't decide this game. Grundy scored 36 on a defense that is supposed to be good. I personally think Sequatchie is looking at another 5-5 season.

Please, please don't judge an entire fan base by two idiots with a smartphone. For the most part the coaches and players are greatly supported. Our fans were amazing tonight. Our players play their butts off for coach Bryant. Some people, such as beav, cheer for the county to fail so they can complain. They simply don't want to see others succeed. But tonight Beav, your tears taste so sweet.

Tallahassee when you say for the most parts our coaches and players are greatly supported you are so true to a certain extent! How about last years SC game that was the last good crowd we had besides home coming all year if you remember correctly? How about the Signal game last year were u there? After the 2 beat downs of 34-7 to SC AND A 49-7 thumping we took from Silverdale All we had was a handful of fans at that signal game. Our fan base was amazing tonight! Most spirit I have seen in years. In my opinion our players would play there butts off for any coach and they do this every game. Why as a parent would I want this county to fail and just so I could complain? I don't understand? All I'm saying is this how many state titles or quarter final or semi final playoff appearances does this program have? Have you honestly studied the playoff brackets on a yearly basis. Teams with 2 wins can make the playoffs and then lose in the first round just like we have done during these coaches tenure and say well there good because they have made the playoffs? Rayburn could take our team with the talent we have had over the last 4 years and motivate them and get them to the playoffs? I want to see GRUNDY athletics take a step up now and continue to grow and be a force not just in our little sequatchie valley but on a state level in every athletic program we have!!! Not just be content with a win over SC and let that make our season on count of this one game but to expect every time that you put on that GC uniform that nothing else is acceptable but WINNING!! I'm talking a whole new out look on our athletics here in GRUNDY!! I'm looking for the big picture here Tallahassee not just district, region, but STATE MY FRIEND! My argument has always been this the talent has always been here but especially more these last 4 years that if coached and pushed by the right people could be wearing that white helmet with the BIG T on it on Saturdays instead of sitting in a treestand in GRUNDY county. CHANGE OUR WHOLE ATHLETIC MENTALITY! But with the coaches that's here how many Of our athletes have had those opportunities? This Is where my heart lies!! I know you actually believe I'm a disgruntled parent but believe you me I'm not! You would be shocked! I'm not all about the small town political you scratch my back I will hire your son and let him coach as long as you let so and so play. Or, I'll hire them boys because there daddy was one heck of a football player. Like I have always said, a coaches job is to win ballgames, PERIOD! If I'm a high school coach my job is to win games and try my DAMNDEST TO GET MY PLAYERS PLAYING AND SUCCEEDING AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL AS MANY AS I CAN GET THERE! Also this same thing goes on for college coaches, WIN BALLGAMES AND GET YOUR PLAYERS TO THE NFL, NBA,MLB! That's it my friend! Point blank and I hope I have cleared up as much about ole beav as I could with this post! With that being said I AM PROUD TO BE A JACKET!! The excitement you saw and witnessed tonight my friend should be like this evertime we play a sporting event at GCHS in my opinion. WINNING PROGRAMS CREATE GREAT ATMOSPHERES!

I love Grundy but they dont have the athletes to go to state! Havent since the 90's ! You need to look outside the SV! we cant play with Alcoas! As far as Silverdale goes that was a good ball club last year! Thats a 5A school we are 3A ! Then you take other games sure they could win some they lose but thats every program! You got Signal, Pitt, ND Marion and Seq! Plus a 5A school ! Thats not a pitiful schedule to be playing!

I love Grundy but they dont have the athletes to go to state! Havent since the 90's ! You need to look outside the SV! we cant play with Alcoas! As far as Silverdale goes that was a good ball club last year! Thats a 5A school we are 3A ! Then you take other games sure they could win some they lose but thats every program! You got Signal, Pitt, ND Marion and Seq! Plus a 5A school ! Thats not a pitiful schedule to be playing!

Viking my friend we have athletes walking the halls that would play if the enthusiasm and wins were there! Just think of what would happen? You tell me if I'm wrong, wouldn't you want to be on that field tonight getting cheered for like those young men were tonight evertime you put on that uniform? HECK YEAH YOU WOULD, AND IF YOU SAID ANY DIFFERNT YOU WOULD BE LYING! I didn't say we could win state ever year but be a FINAL 8 or 4 team on a consistent basis and occasionally with a few breaks bring home the gold! Put my athletes on TV Saturdays playing ball too. Wouldn't it be great? But instead let's just sit back and let the same ole buddy system that's been going on for years and let's get that 1 great win every year and be content with that and let that be ok. It's the same ole GRUNDY BULL MESS that's been going on for years that's happening that's why you keep hearing me say let's search and get the right people for the jobs to turn these programs around! And change the mindset of GCHS Athletics.

Edited by Beavcleaver

It is the same ole mess! They walked thd halls when I played its always been like that . FB isnt for everyone ! Even if you got all off em out that might give us two wins a year extra which is a lot I agree. Speed kills and we very seldom have any! I think we have one kid that runs under a 4.7 this year. As far as the buddy system goes you dont have that up here now the Bryants dont care who you are or where your from theyll play anyone to win

My argument has always been this the talent has always been here but especially more these last 4 years that if coached and pushed by the right people could be wearing that white helmet with the BIG T on it on Saturdays instead of sitting in a treestand in GRUNDY county.

Just so we are on the same page, you think we've had SEC caliber athletes that went to Grundy in the past 4 years?

Edited by Tallahassee

Just so we are on the same page, you think we've had SEC caliber athletes that went to Grundy in the past 4 years?

Hijacking your point, there haven't been a dozen SEC types in last 25 years in the entire valley/Grundy. Division I types probably but not the highest level blue chips with NFL potential like you see all over the SEC.