Week 2: Knox Catholic at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if KC is as good as we looked or if CAK is down. Probably a combination of both. Their QB is going to be really, really good by the time he is a SR. Obvious issues on the defensive side. It may be a real long night for CAK against Alcoa the way they run it! I never saw anybody on that D that can tackle Tyson.

Cak's coach believes in playing his best players on offense and not defense. He feels like they can score enough to win.

Wow...sure glad I was flipping burgers at home for a birthday party rather than sitting there miserable at this blow out. I kept running back and forth from the grill to the radio to catch the score, or at least until about 1/2 thru the 3rd qtr.  I can't really comment about specifics of the game since I didn't see it in person, but it sounded like an old fashioned butt whipping. 70 pts. is the most points ever scored against CAK, for that matter CAK has never scored 70 pts. against anyone else either.  I expected that Catholic would prevail, but I expected a closely contested shootout.  It started off like that but then the Warriors quickly ran out of ammo.  No ammo and multiple turnovers to boot, including 2-3 pick 6's (I don't remember how many now) will get you run out of the stadium against a good team, and thats what happened.  CAK is young but should be OK a little further down the road, but they struggled mightily against the Irish.  Congrats to Catholic. Sorry I missed the Goons, I hope you at least got some burgers & Nanner Puddin.

Wow...sure glad I was flipping burgers at home for a birthday party rather than sitting there miserable at this blow out. I kept running back and forth from the grill to the radio to catch the score, or at least until about 1/2 thru the 3rd qtr. I can't really comment about specifics of the game since I didn't see it in person, but it sounded like an old fashioned butt whipping. 70 pts. is the most points ever scored against CAK, for that matter CAK has never scored 70 pts. against anyone else either. I expected that Catholic would prevail, but I expected a closely contested shootout. It started off like that but then the Warriors quickly ran out of ammo. No ammo and multiple turnovers to boot, including 2-3 pick 6's (I don't remember how many now) will get you run out of the stadium against a good team, and thats what happened. CAK is young but should be OK a little further down the road, but they struggled mightily against the Irish. Congrats to Catholic. Sorry I missed the Goons, I hope you at least got some burgers & Nanner Puddin.

Don't worry about it, FBD. We'll be there Week 8 in full force. Best if luck to CAKe (couldn't resist) between now and then. I'm sure we'll see you twice again this year.

Wow...sure glad I was flipping burgers at home for a birthday party rather than sitting there miserable at this blow out. I kept running back and forth from the grill to the radio to catch the score, or at least until about 1/2 thru the 3rd qtr.  I can't really comment about specifics of the game since I didn't see it in person, but it sounded like an old fashioned butt whipping. 70 pts. is the most points ever scored against CAK, for that matter CAK has never scored 70 pts. against anyone else either.  I expected that Catholic would prevail, but I expected a closely contested shootout.  It started off like that but then the Warriors quickly ran out of ammo.  No ammo and multiple turnovers to boot, including 2-3 pick 6's (I don't remember how many now) will get you run out of the stadium against a good team, and thats what happened.  CAK is young but should be OK a little further down the road, but they struggled mightily against the Irish.  Congrats to Catholic. Sorry I missed the Goons, I hope you at least got some burgers & Nanner Puddin.

Pretty well spot on. One thing that I didn't like was that I felt like as things started to really go south, some of the fight went out of the Warriors. Perhaps it is the overall youth of the team that contributed to that. But one thing I have always been proud of even when the Warriors were getting their hats handed to them was their resolve to fight to the very last breath. I hope to see more of that spirit in the future. Catholic has a very good team, congratulations to them on a tremendous victory. The game was a blast until just after half time. I do agree that the depth on a muggy night was a contributor, but not 70 points. Things don't get any easier for CAK as they face Webb. Should be interesting to see the Webb / Catholic game this year as well.

Don't worry about it, FBD. We'll be there Week 8 in full force. Best if luck to CAKe (couldn't resist) between now and then. I'm sure we'll see you twice again this year.

Based off what I heard on the radio, and what GVK said, I think "CAKe" might actually apply for real, or at least for last Friday night.  Of course one game doesn't define a team or a program, but geez, thats embarrassing.  I too, like GVK, have always been proud of how our boys competed hard, even when we were getting our hats handed to us by the likes of the Tornadoes.  Youth may have played a factor with only 6-7 Seniors on the roster, but thats no solid reason to allow someone to lay 70 pts on you.  Hopefully the team will take this butt kicking and get a little tougher, both mentally & physically.  Still love the Warriors and I still love my sweets, but come on guys, lets not combine the two  :oops:  I'll see you goons week 8.....maybe.  ha.

Based off what I heard on the radio, and what GVK said, I think "CAKe" might actually apply for real, or at least for last Friday night. Of course one game doesn't define a team or a program, but geez, thats embarrassing. I too, like GVK, have always been proud of how our boys competed hard, even when we were getting our hats handed to us by the likes of the Tornadoes. Youth may have played a factor with only 6-7 Seniors on the roster, but thats no solid reason to allow someone to lay 70 pts on you. Hopefully the team will take this butt kicking and get a little tougher, both mentally & physically. Still love the Warriors and I still love my sweets, but come on guys, lets not combine the two :oops: I'll see you goons week 8.....maybe. ha.

Looking forward to it!

Wow...sure glad I was flipping burgers at home for a birthday party rather than sitting there miserable at this blow out. I kept running back and forth from the grill to the radio to catch the score, or at least until about 1/2 thru the 3rd qtr. I can't really comment about specifics of the game since I didn't see it in person, but it sounded like an old fashioned butt whipping. 70 pts. is the most points ever scored against CAK, for that matter CAK has never scored 70 pts. against anyone else either. I expected that Catholic would prevail, but I expected a closely contested shootout. It started off like that but then the Warriors quickly ran out of ammo. No ammo and multiple turnovers to boot, including 2-3 pick 6's (I don't remember how many now) will get you run out of the stadium against a good team, and thats what happened. CAK is young but should be OK a little further down the road, but they struggled mightily against the Irish. Congrats to Catholic. Sorry I missed the Goons, I hope you at least got some burgers & Nanner Puddin.

Catholic is young as well but they do have more seniors playing then CAK dressed. I hope the teams continue to play in the future, however, I'm to assume with CAK canceling the JV game, that maybe a sign that this rivalry is probably over. With realignment coming I'm sure KCHS will be in another region. Edited by QSouth89

Catholic is young as well but they do have more seniors playing then CAK dressed. I hope the teams continue to play in the future, however, I'm to assume with CAK canceling the JV game, that maybe a sign that this rivalry is probably over. With realignment coming I'm sure KCHS will be in another region.

JV getting cancelled has nothing to do with rivalry vs non-rivalry; simply a matter of CAK not having enough healthy non-varsity OL to form a line for a JV game.  Depth is not our strong suit.

JV getting cancelled has nothing to do with rivalry vs non-rivalry; simply a matter of CAK not having enough healthy non-varsity OL to form a line for a JV game. Depth is not our strong suit.

That would make sense I didn't know. Its hard to build depth when you can't get your younger players any game experience (can only accomplish so much in practice) but it is what it is. By the way, I think people see a score of 76-48 and think It's ran up, if a person isn't at the game they can't possibly see how some TD are produced (pick 6, fumble return, kick off return, punt return etc) it's only running up the score when starters are in passing with the game in hand. You guys have an offense that's pass dominate the backups need to execute as well so in reality you can't say the score is being run up, you're running the system. Sounds like AC was on the wrong end of a shoot out lol. However, and I'm asking a legit question, will CAK will keep playing Catholic even if they're in different regions? Good luck the rest of the year. I've known Cole Smith and his family and I hope he shatters the passing records at CAK. Great looking QB. Edited by QSouth89