Week 2: Knox Catholic at CAK

BigDave1967

2 times actually... Harb led team scored 70 and a Charlie High led team scored 76.

I forgot about the Coalfield game in 2004, but I should have remembered the Anderson Co. game since I was actually there.  That was the Josh Smith show.  Oh well, now we know how it feels to get 70 hung on us...not a real resume builder to say the least.

Edited by FootballDad

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make sense I didn't know. Its hard to build depth when you can't get your younger players any game experience (can only accomplish so much in practice) but it is what it is. By the way, I think people see a score of 76-48 and think It's ran up, if a person isn't at the game they can't possibly see how some TD are produced (pick 6, fumble return, kick off return, punt return etc) it's only running up the score when starters are in passing with the game in hand. You guys have an offense that's pass dominate the backups need to execute as well so in reality you can't say the score is being run up, you're running the system. Sounds like AC was on the wrong end of a shoot out lol. However, and I'm asking a legit question, will CAK will keep playing Catholic even if they're in different regions? Good luck the rest of the year. I've known Cole Smith and his family and I hope he shatters the passing records at CAK. Great looking QB.

I don't know for sure, but my feeling is that CAK will try to keep its rivalries with Alcoa & Grace going.  If so, that will only leave 1 remaining game each year outside of the new district.  If that's the case I suspect CAK will choose between Webb & Catholic.  Neither are good choices for CAK if Alcoa & Grace stay on the schedule as well.  It may come down to which of those 2 schools are available for scheduling.  Just a guess but I would think Webb would be given first choice based primarily on past scheduling with the Spartans from middle school to high school.  But that is mere speculation on my part.  

Now that you've had another game with what was supposed to be a quality opponent in CAK do you think ND is that good? Or did KC have an off night?

I think it was a combination of the two. Several TOs stopped potential scoring drives and we didn't score 1st and goal. I think we got overconfident when we scored 2 of the first 3 possessions. It would be interesting to see CAK and ND play and, in spite of the scoring difference, I might go with CAK.

I think it was a combination of the two. Several TOs stopped potential scoring drives and we didn't score 1st and goal. I think we got overconfident when we scored 2 of the first 3 possessions. It would be interesting to see CAK and ND play and, in spite of the scoring difference, I might go with CAK.

LOL