Week 2: Knox Catholic at CAK

BigDave1967

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen that but it mat be possible but many things are unsettled after the TSSAA rattled the Tennessee high school football world with the announcement of the super 32 schools.  It is all base on number of students. Catholic has about 675 students. Add the 1.8 multiplier and that puts them at about1200 plus. It is possible if Maryville does not move up.  from the proposed 5A. To move up there would have to be a slot so to speak. Catholic is in 4A, Maryville is in 6A but has a population qualifying it for the lesser 5A. In fact in the new super 32, Maryville is not included with the 32 largest high schools. They would have to move up to be in that classification. But before that happens, one of the designated super 32 schools would have to move down. I am not so sure any of the super 32 wants to move down since all super 32 schools qualify for the state playoffs even if their record is 0-10. Yes, even if they do not win a district game, or any games, they still qualify for the first round of the TSSAA playoffs. 

Those numbers are from 4 years ago,  Catholic's numbers are down.  I was told the enrollment was between 615 and 620 and maybe less.  Kids apply but then enroll else where. That would be around 1100 more or less. 

If that is the case this year, I hope CRB doesn't throw his kicker in front of the bus again.

Go Warriors.

Coach Bradley took points off the board.  His kicker made the FG giving CAK the lead, there was a penalty and he choose to take the ball on the goal line, their running back fumbled and Dominic Souder returned it almost 90 yards for a touchdown.  Catholic's offense was struggling so the FG may have been the deciding factor.  Coach Bradley threw himself under the bus on that one lol. If I remember correctly Catholic's other TD was an interception returned by Chase Kuerschen and a FG. Catholic was playing it's first game without Jordan Anderson who was injured in the Coalfield game and CAK had some players out with injuries as well.  Both teams should be healthy and I'm looking forward to a good game (fingers crossed). 

Although no single play is responsible for a win or loss, the one that sticks out in my mind was the QB keeping the ball instead of handing it off to the RB who got into the endzone without trouble. This will be a great measuring stick for The Warriors. Nice to be at home too and not have to travel that massive distance to Catholic.

Although no single play is responsible for a win or loss, the one that sticks out in my mind was the QB keeping the ball instead of handing it off to the RB who got into the endzone without trouble. This will be a great measuring stick for The Warriors. Nice to be at home too and not have to travel that massive distance to Catholic.

That Cedar Bluff traffic makes travel unbearable lol Edited by QSouth89

I agree, this should be an interesting game for both squads.  Last year's loss was painful considering all the opportunities for the Warriors to have won the game, but the Irish prevailed.  I haven't seen Catholic this year, but CAK is improved over last years squad.  Catholic has a considerable size advantage from what I'm told, but with the exception of 2011-12, that is normally the case for the Warriors.  CAK's QB play is improved as well as the play from the receivers.  A solid D line has played well so far, but very thin, and lots of small, young, inexperienced players filling out the rest of the defensive roster.  This version of the Warriors will be a work in progress all season long, but the future looks promising.  Catholic will be by FAR the best team CAK has seen this year to date.  I expect it to be more of a shoot out than a slugfest. Looking forward to an exciting game.

P.S:  have to brag just a little here...it was nice to see 2 CAK alumni playing for the Vols Sunday night.  Having any of our players on the SEC stage is a new thing for us.  Go #25 & #63...proud of you and all the Vol players...seeing more of those TN high school players on the roster warms my heart (so long as they can play...ha)

Before the season started, I had picked Catlick to win this game. But right now, I pick CAKe in a thriller:

1. Home field advantage

2. Added several new playmakers

Don't get me wrong, Catlick returns most of its starters from last year, so experience will be a factor there too.

CAKe 31, Catlick 28

Idk if I can make it, but I hope for a great game between 2 great teams.

I agree, this should be an interesting game for both squads. Last year's loss was painful considering all the opportunities for the Warriors to have won the game, but the Irish prevailed. I haven't seen Catholic this year, but CAK is improved over last years squad. Catholic has a considerable size advantage from what I'm told, but with the exception of 2011-12, that is normally the case for the Warriors. CAK's QB play is improved as well as the play from the receivers. A solid D line has played well so far, but very thin, and lots of small, young, inexperienced players filling out the rest of the defensive roster. This version of the Warriors will be a work in progress all season long, but the future looks promising. Catholic will be by FAR the best team CAK has seen this year to date. I expect it to be more of a shoot out than a slugfest. Looking forward to an exciting game.

P.S: have to brag just a little here...it was nice to see 2 CAK alumni playing for the Vols Sunday night. Having any of our players on the SEC stage is a new thing for us. Go #25 & #63...proud of you and all the Vol players...seeing more of those TN high school players on the roster warms my heart (so long as they can play...ha)

I know how you feel, I only coached Harrison Smith in basketball but when I see him out there for the Vikings it makes me feel proud. Looking forward to an exciting game. If it's a shoot out then the defenses aren't doing there job lol.