South Doyle (2-0) @ Hardin Valley Academy (2-0)

Utkfan00

Since I haven't seen either team this year I don't have any idea who will win, but I hope SD wins this game.  Nothing against HVA at all, I'm merely throwing my support behind Coach Clark Duncan.  I respect the way he handles his business and goes about building a program.  He certainly isn't going to win over everyone with his old school approach to discipline and team first mentality, but he is a great coach and a good man from what I know and he isn't afraid to make tough decisions.  He deserves some recognition and SD surely deserves some success after all the tough years of losing.  Hope both teams play well, with no injuries, and the Cherokees prevail.  :thumb:

• Upvote 1

Since I haven't seen either team this year I don't have any idea who will win, but I hope SD wins this game.  Nothing against HVA at all, I'm merely throwing my support behind Coach Clark Duncan.  I respect the way he handles his business and goes about building a program.  He certainly isn't going to win over everyone with his old school approach to discipline and team first mentality, but he is a great coach and a good man from what I know and he isn't afraid to make tough decisions.  He deserves some recognition and SD surely deserves some success after all the tough years of losing.  Hope both teams play well, with no injuries, and the Cherokees prevail.  :thumb:

Well said Dad.

Clark may be "old school" in some respects, and especially in terms of what he expects in his players in disciplinary issues, but he is one "old school" coach who has done a good job of blending the old with the new.  He has put a great staff together, and he trusts his coaches to coach, unlike some coaches who are considered "old school" and want to have their thumbs on top of those guys 24/7/365. 

Really impressed with what I have seen from Clark thus far this year.  Obviously I had seen him work during his time at Powell, and expecially for the two years my son played for him, but now that I am back working with him again I am very impressed with the way he handles his program.  Class act.  Outstanding high school football coach and administrator. 

As for Friday night, going to Hardin Valley is never an easy task.  Even those great Powell teams of just a few years back had to work hard to get wins there.  HVA is a much more physical team than either of the teams that South Doyle has seen thus far.  They will present some problems for the Cherokees.

That said, I see a focused South Doyle team, and expecially after the way they lost to HVA at home in the storm game last year.  I believe the Cherokees will be ready to play, and that it will be a great high school football game. 

I made one prediction, then I watched the WB vs HV game and changed that prediction.....now I have watched the SD vs Heritage tape, and I am going to change the prediction again, I still think that SD wins, but I think it will be closer than my last prediction.....final thoughts are:

SD 31

HV 24

I made one prediction, then I watched the WB vs HV game and changed that prediction.....now I have watched the SD vs Heritage tape, and I am going to change the prediction again, I still think that SD wins, but I think it will be closer than my last prediction.....final thoughts are:

SD 31

HV 24

Dang Jake, I thought we were on the same page on this one. What did ya see that made ya change that prediction