McMinn Central @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

Both teams are 3-0, but the Chargers have played better competition. Although Grace Christian usually has very good teams, they're not as strong this season according to many Grace fans.

The only comparison is that Grace beat Tellico by 22 points. Sequoyah beat Tellico by 16 points and you know what the Chargers did to Sequoyah.

I would not put to much stock the the Sequoyah game. The Chiefs gave 4 or 5 gift scores in the 2nd Qt. With out that un-glueing it more likley would have been 17-7 or 17-10 Chargers.

I'm sure L. Cabin saw the same thing.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This dude has lost his mind. Anyone thinks that Alcoa or CAK are losing sleep over McMinn Central being 3-0  at the end of week 2 are getting ready for some serious counseling sessions.

I was wandering when someone was going to come back to reality!  Central has improved a great deal and has had great start to the season but it is week 3 folks. 

I would not put to much stock the the Sequoyah game. The Chiefs gave 4 or 5 gift scores in the 2nd Qt. With out that un-glueing it more likley would have been 17-7 or 17-10 Chargers.

Turnovers: chiefs 3 chargers 3

Total chief yards after 1st drive: 60yds in 42 minutes 130 total?

"#23" rb in nation: 27 yds after 1st drive, 75 total?

I wouldn't place much stock into that either.

Nonetheless, this will be a tight game Friday. Can go either way.

OL has been a little behind the DL so far. The OL for MC looks good. It will be a good battle against the front 4 of Grace.

Question for you guys. What do you see as the big change from last year to this year? Did the offense change or were you guys just very young last year?

What position does the Gilliland kid play? I know he's a lineman but don't know which side of the ball he plays on. I don't even know what grade he's in but I know he plays there. His family lived in Cleveland for several years.

To answer your question, we lost some stud seniors from last years team but had this same group (of seniors now) playing as juniors. In my opinion we underachieved BIG TIME last year with the juniors and seniors we had on the field. I am still a little skeptical of a coach or two but so far they have done well.

Edited by Glory

What position does the Gilliland kid play? I know he's a lineman but don't know which side of the ball he plays on. I don't even know what grade he's in but I know he plays there. His family lived in Cleveland for several years.To answer your question, we lost some stud seniors from last years team but had this same group (of seniors now) playing as juniors. In my opinion we underachieved BIG TIME last year with the juniors and seniors we had on the field. I am still a little skeptical of a coach or two but so far they have done well.

Gilliland is a second generation Ram, even though we only had the first one for a short time. He plays OG and DT. He had a great game on D last week.

I understand your estimation of your team last year. I thought they were much more talented than they played against us last year. I couldn't believe the final record for the Chargers.

I know you guys are pumped, it's good to see a community have success like that. Unfortunately, you have to come to Grace this week and one of us has to win. It's going to be a good one, from what I've seen in your 1st couple of games.

I can not make up my mind on this one. I just am not sure about this GCA team. I thought they would handle Tellico a little better, then I heard they played mostly young guys starting in the 3rd quarter. Is this true, Pride? If so then the score may not be a true representation of the game itself. If GCA comes out and dominates this game, then the region opponents may be in trouble. Rock wood and Greenback always seem to find a way to play the rams tough so I would think they may be doing a little score board watching Friday night. Should be a good one to go see

The Chargers did, as the one post said, start playing very conservitive.  They were just trying to ball control.  I do agree, Seqouyah shot themselves in the foot several times.  So did the Chargers.

Game never was really in question. It could have been much worse for the Chiefs. Chiefs only had 71 yards rushing on 37 carries and had 48 yards passing. Only had 6 first downs and 2 of those came on the last two plays of the game. The "ungluing" had a lot to do with Central defensive line who as a group just mashed the Chiefs offensive line. Sequoyah is not very good especially on offense. Chargers did capitalize on the Chiefs mistakes but to not view this game as a whole is unfair. Chargers turned the ball over twice in the first half and gave Sequoyah great field position but they failed take advantage.

I agree that on paper for this one means absolutely nothing. Grace was up 21-0 in the 1st with 2 turnovers then after 2-3 offensive plays were up 48-14 with 10mins left in the 3rd and freshmen started playing. As far as McMinn Central goes, they are the real deal. I watched both the Sequoyah and Boyd games and both were not even close. Sequoyah had one play in their first series and that was it. McMinn controlled both of those games on both sides of the ball. Good defenses cause turnovers and they make plays. This will be a tough game. If we make mistakes the Chargers will beat us. I am anxious to see what our defense is made of. This will be a good test.