District 9AA- 2014-2015

buledievlpdrie

Greenbrier hit an all-time low tonight against Springfield:  No game plan, no hustle, played scared, couldn't shoot (most got blocked or didn't even touch rim), couldn't make FTs (that's been an Achilles all year, too), 'that big guy' quit...earlier this week, fans left at halftime, coach promotes mediocrity and appears to have checked out before the season even began and we won't play again until 2015 (translation:  NO Christmas tournament participation...which, considering the circumstances, might be a good thing; but, who knew?).  LOL!...that sounds like the ingredients to a good country song, don't it?

Heck, I wouldn't even practice.  That's how bad it is.  Can you say EMBARRASSING?  Well, I can and am.  UNbelievable that a team's confidence is non-existent before the season midpoint.  BUT, where's the accountability?  Unfortunately, there is none.  And I'm mad about having to pay to get in.  They should refund all of our money for making us sit thru the misery.  I even told a parent that the T$$AA should sanction the school for putting such a poor team on the floor and the administration should be removed for not terminating and replacing the coaching staff.

Springfield's student section yelled, 'just like football!'...and I told one of them after the game, you should've said, 'WORSE than football!'

Bring on the spring sports...sadly...and turn out the lights, Dandy Don.  This party is OVER!

I know, I know...another rant by a sour fan.  Please forgive me and Merry Christmas to all!!

Cheatham put in on Harpeth. It was over by halftime. Had a 25 to 30 point lead. This is still Cubs district for next 2 years as they start 4 juniors. Austin Douglas will be the district MVP this year and next.

The Cubs play Stewart Co. in the holiday classic next weekend. The Rebels are playing much better under Coach Jones.

Typically, I am not one to stir things up, but something has been bugging me. I have sat through many basketball games through the years and I saw something Friday that shocked me. No matter how heated the game, the players and coaches always do the right thing and shake each other' s hands afterwards.

I have seen one player disrespect a coach, but I chalk that up to immaturity. However, to see a coach completely bypass the line and storm off the court is uncalled for. Way to set set an example for the players. Glad my son played for coaches that set a good example.

There's an adult setting a poor example for his team.  Somehow I think immaturity enters into this equation too Zach.

• 2 weeks later...

GB stumbled again...after having the upset in the bag at Heritage.  Guess what lost it for 'em?  FTs....even though I heard somebody say watching their offense was like watchin' paint dry.  What ever play '32' is, well, it ain't workin'...unless your TRYIN' to turn it over.

Heck, their next W may be next year or the next or...

Very impressed with the 2 post players for patriots, 24 and 22. They were the difference maker to me. Cheatham really couldn't match up with those guys strength.

I agree, but I also believe that the speed and quickness of the guards for Heritage was a big difference maker and Defense. According to the Tennessean stats Heritage has the lowest total points scored against in the District. Not a bad stat to have as long as you have the offense to back that up.  So, three straight District wins since Christmas break. I will take it

Go Patriots..

Big win for Patriots over Cubs last night. They are a very young team that Petrone will have rolling by tournament time.

Not surprised by this at all. Petrone though... :huh:

I agree, but I also believe that the speed and quickness of the guards for Heritage was a big difference maker and Defense. According to the Tennessean stats Heritage has the lowest total points scored against in the District. Not a bad stat to have as long as you have the offense to back that up.  So, three straight District wins since Christmas break. I will take it

Go Patriots..

Thomas Thurman is a baller! He's also quicker than a cat and the ball can't even keep up sometimes... :mrgreen:  :thumb:

Not surprised by this at all. Petrone though... :huh:

Every kid that has ever played for Petrone since the creation of White House Heritage High School has appeared in a least one District Championship game and a lot of them have appeared in multiple Championship games.

So I say Petrone got it going on.

I agree, but I also believe that the speed and quickness of the guards for Heritage was a big difference maker and Defense. According to the Tennessean stats Heritage has the lowest total points scored against in the District. Not a bad stat to have as long as you have the offense to back that up. So, three straight District wins since Christmas break. I will take it

Go Patriots..