District 9AA- 2014-2015

buledievlpdrie

As I stated when this district was first formed the Cubs will be virtually untested. They've rolled through everyone the last two years and I see no reason why that will change. You better be glad that the basketball districts are about to change again because next year's Cubs team will be better than this year's group.

I believe they will be good, too, but, according to the T$$AA, unless there's a minimum 20% change in enrollment, there's no district moves coming until after 2017.

Regardless, the road will have to pass thru CPA eventually...or not, if they don't make it...and playing against 'invited' (i.e., recruited, enticed, etc.) players is a different level than Heritage and Harpeth, I assure you.  Braxton Blackwell and his boy Tygar (an 8th grader :o ) don't play dat... :thumb:

It's district tournament time !! Is it going to be a rematch in the finals of cheatham vs. harpeth or is another team or teams going to make it to the finals???

Will there be an upset or two, and when you think they going to happen?

Matchups this week

Tuesday- Harpeth vs. Greenbrier- I got harpeth

Thursday- White House Heritage vs Sycamore- Heritage seems to be a team that just plays everyone the same, but I think they will defeat sycamore in the first round

Friday- White House vs. Westmoreland- Will be the second friday in a row these two teams have played. I got White House

Good luck to everyone should be an exciting tournament!!

It's district tournament time !! Is it going to be a rematch in the finals of cheatham vs. harpeth or is another team or teams going to make it to the finals???

Will there be an upset or two, and when you think they going to happen?

Matchups this week

Tuesday- Harpeth vs. Greenbrier- I got harpeth

Thursday- White House Heritage vs Sycamore- Heritage seems to be a team that just plays everyone the same, but I think they will defeat sycamore in the first round

Friday- White House vs. Westmoreland- Will be the second friday in a row these two teams have played. I got White House

Good luck to everyone should be an exciting tournament!!

Saw the game tonight.....Harpeth did outlast Greenbrier.  Good game for 3 quarters. Harpeths defense and deadly 3 point shooting ended Greenbriers shot at an upset.

The White House Westmoreland game is up in the Air to me...depends on which Westy team shows up, they had been on a 7 game winning streak until WH beat em last week.  White House seem to be playing good right now. Guard play is good and Shooting the ball well.  On the other hand Referees usually let the boys play in the district tourney. Not so many fouls called and that plays right into the hands of Westmoreland. Also hard to beat a team that is basically even with you 3 times in a season. I will go with Westmoreland to win in a close one.

Would be nice to see White House and Heritage go on a little streak and play each other in the District Championship game.

Heritage vs Sycamore. Again the 3 games in one season theory applies....but  If Heritage will play up to their capabilities and stay out of foul trouble, should be no problem to beating Sycamore in the first round.  I go with WHHeritage.

Congrats to the War Eagles on a big win. Got to love tournament time where anything can happen! Looks like Heritage won't be "whipping" anybody until 2015-16 season.

Yeah yeah yeah mubly.   Terrible showing by the Patriots last night.  definitely were not ready for the game.   Very disappointed by the lack of rebounding and failure to stop the drive by the Pats.  Credit Sycamore for fighting and playing the game to win.  Of course, the referring was terrible and I hope NOBODY gets those officials again.  See you next year when the Patriots are bigger, stronger, faster, and more dominant. 

Of course, the referring was terrible and I hope NOBODY gets those officials again.

Who got referred Cleggy?

Cheatham vs Sycamore is the championship game. They met in the opening round of the district tourney in 2002, the district title game in 2004, the consolation game in 2005, and the district semifinals in 2006 and 2007 when they were in another AA district. Sycamore is 5-0 all-time against Cheatham County in tournament play.

Harpeth will play Westmoreland in the consolation game.

Edited by LBD

Tournament finals being pushed to Saturday for girls and boys. Does anyone see a scenario where any boys team from 9aa survive regions with Pearl, Maplewwood and East? I'm not liking any teams match ups

Cheatham County will beat MLK in the opening round and will play Pearl-Cohn for the opportunity to advance to substate.

• Upvote 1