Top AA teams

knightsfan

CAK was flat exhausted in that match (not an excuse). Dyersburg did out hustle them in the first set. But if you remember CAK had the lead in the second when their setter had a medical problem and had to be pulled from the game half way thru. When your setter goes down and a girl that has not set all year has to take over setting the 6'6" girl, its hard enough to set a 5'9"girl but unless you have practiced setting a big she will be rendered useless. CAK also had to put in a player that does not yet have the experience to play in big games at the Varsity level. Dyersburg targeted her as soon as he came int the game. With all those factors you get the results that you saw. The only two teams i saw that could overcome those issues were playing for the gold championship that night. Compliments to Dyersburg coach and players as they saw what had transpired and capitalized on the situation and ultimately came from behind to win the second set. If the roles had been reversed do you still think Dyersburg would have won that game? As I said before, I hope we meet at state ad see if the results are the same. It would be a good match either way.

Wow. I don't know which is worse. The arrogance to predict a state tournament appearance. Don't you have to play a district, regional and sectional tournament first? Or the making of excuses for a loss to a better team?

I laughed out loud at the "setting a big" quote. Was that a joke. With her reach she was over a foot taller than the blocker. It is the easiest set in the world. You must be a dad.

Don't you have to play Sullivan South? Is no one in your district? Dad, you have the tallest player in the state AND you play in AA. Your team looks miserable, like they are going to the dentist. Volleyball is supposed to be fun and exciting. Does your coach ever smile? Does your team ever celebrate?

You talk like you are a powerhouse. Better worry about making it to the state and then HOPE you don't play Dyersburg because it won't be any different.

Truth, where do you get of saying I am arrogant? I am pretty sure I said " I hope we meet at state" big difference than saying we WILL meet at state. I never claimed we would get there. I hope and pray every day that our girls will stay healthy and play their best to have that chance again. We like all the teams in our district have a tough road to state as several teams are so evenly matched. And if you read my earlier comments I gave credit to the Dyersburg coach and players. They played great that night. They saw the deficiencies and capitalized. That's what good teams do. I forgot about the hatred, bashing and mudslinging that goes on in these boards so let me recant my earlier statement and say. I HOPE we can get thru districts playing against great teams. I HOPE we can get thru regional's playing against great teams. I HOPE can get thru sub state playing against great teams to Hopefully make it to state. Then I HOPE that Dyersburg can do the same so there can be a rematch. I haven't seen them play enough to now if they are really good or not. I know CAK did not play at the level they are capable of that night in the tournament. Dyersburg in their eyes may have played awful as well. I merely stated I would like to see a rematch. The results could be the same. I dont know. Your the one that read the statement wrong and decided to bash me. I hope this statement will be politically correct enough for you!

I never claimed to be an expert on volleyball so when I made the statement about setting. I just repeated what I was told by a fan that knows a lot more than I. Sorry, I bow to your superior intellect on this matter.

I am a fan of CAK, everybody is a fan of somebody. So what? I have and would never say that they were the best team in the state nor would I come on here and bash other teams or COACHES like others seem to want to do. I give credit where credit is due. When Catholic beat us I thought they were the better team that night. They played fantastic and were well coached. They flat out played us But as fan I refuse to say that they are better than CAK. Thats why we play the games. I HOPE we can beat them at districts them IF we make it far enough to play them. Im sure you will find away to twist that to.

Sorry for anything I may have said to offend you or other posters here. I hope that I have amended any atrocities I may have committed on Coach T! Done

It looks like the only bashing is EBTHER against Truth. Where did it say you were arrogant, although I would say that your posts are arrogant. As a fan, probably a parent or a coach, you have to be careful about getting on these boards and bragging as much as your doing. Your team is not a dominant team, and could easily get upset on the way to state. At Brentwood we take nothing for granted, and NEVER MAKE EXCUSES.

You have a tall player that should be unstoppable in AA. Yet you are apparently losing games in your own district?

I don't know anything about Dyersburg, but they beat CAK and Sullivan South.  It looks like South is only one player down now and at one point this season I believe three starters were out.  It look like CAK has had a few injuries this year as well, but every time I see them play it looks like the whole team did just come from the dentist, and it seems they get out coached when they are matched against somebody good. I love to watch some of the volleyball coaches walk up and down the sidelines and talk the players between every play!! It makes me laugh. I thought that was what practice was for.  Don't get me wrong you need to tell them a few thing, but it just looks like a bunch of ego stuff most of the time.  This might be the year for CAK  who knows.  I don't know anything about Catholic this year, but I guess the private schools are still controlling AA in Knoxville.  You just never know about districts and regions for anybody.  Sullivan North beat Sullivan East once this year and Sullivan East beat Sullivan South once this year. 

I will not engage with EBETHER. I never said you were arrogant, and do not appreciate the tone. I do agree 100 percent with the above few posts. The CAK coach way over coaches and he and the team look like they are miserable when they are playing a game that should be fun. They have been loaded with talent, and more important size, and have underperformed the last couple of years.

Catholic, on the other hand, is a joy to watch. They have fun, their coach encourages them, and they don't have near the talent. If the Catholic or Webb coaches had these girls think what they would do!

I think the CAK coach is a good man, and I think he is an ok coach, better than many here in town. I do think he gets out coached, frequently, and I think he is so controlling that it affects the girls. He never celebrates, or gets fired up, and the over coaching really seems to be designed to draw attention to himself.

I just looked up to see where the CAK coach was before he came to knoxville. He was at a small college. That should answer your questions about him. Not too many people leave coaching college to coach high school (if they are any good). You can make all the excuses you want but the facts are the facts. Everyone knows why you leave..

• Upvote 1

What is sad is that four the last four years they have had great talent to surround a 6 6 player. I agree with the above posters about "over" coaching and the total lack of energy. Look at Catholic. They LOVE playing and it comes from the coach. It has to be about the girls, and letting them play.

K2R you are correct. Catholic has always had great coaching staff. This new coach is no different. If he was at Farragut, Bearden (all the girls would have tried out), CAK or Webb he would win a state championship. There is no two ways about it. He can flat out coach. He gets the most out of his girls and they seem to be having fun..