South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Moore man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

Some keep talking about Halloween night. Sounds to me it's the same up the road as it always has been. Their championship game is the rivalry game. If the warriors don't start setting their goals higher they will never be the top dawg in the valley again...just saying. I wish all valley teams well, always will. Back to SP. Listen. I am beginning to see some things, and I hope I'm wrong. Politics and small town football is not a good combination. It needs to end. I'm not saying people haven't earned their stripes, but I know of 4 boys that need to be in the mix or the bread and butter of next years team will be playing for another team.

Obviously with being in the same district the number one goal to achieving what they want is beating the pirates so they can have a shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You really believe what you just said Mike?? Their championship has ALWAYS been the sp game?? Really?? Surely you must remember what it is like to be on the wrong end of those eight game losing streaks. I am pretty sure that you were in school in the midst of one of those runs. Matter of fact it was rare that sp beat Mc at anything during those days. I am sure you would like to forget that but you and most bumping those gums are people that rarely won against Mc and have been living all this time through those kids and holding on to them doing something that y'all weren't able to do......lol. Ross has the kids focused on the right things, he said when he got here he didn't care about beating sp. The teams he were worried about were Trousdale co. And Grace Christian. If anyone is looking for a team to join then I say the water is fine up the road. Ross is doing big things and I hope we can just hold onto him for 10 years. Since Op knows that the little league is paying him, maybe they can raise signups by 100 bucks so he can make more money....lol

Obviously with being in the same district the number one goal to achieving what they want is beating the pirates so they can have a shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You really believe what you just said Mike?? Their championship has ALWAYS been the sp game?? Really?? Surely you must remember what it is like to be on the wrong end of those eight game losing streaks. I am pretty sure that you were in school in the midst of one of those runs. Matter of fact it was rare that sp beat Mc at anything during those days. I am sure you would like to forget that but you and most bumping those gums are people that rarely won against Mc and have been living all this time through those kids and holding on to them doing something that y'all weren't able to do......lol. Ross has the kids focused on the right things, he said when he got here he didn't care about beating sp. The teams he were worried about were Trousdale co. And Grace Christian. If anyone is looking for a team to join then I say the water is fine up the road. Ross is doing big things and I hope we can just hold onto him for 10 years. Since Op knows that the little league is paying him, maybe they can raise signups by 100 bucks so he can make more money.

What kind of mess is this?  I garuntee you that Ross man wants to beat that Moore man.  Old Pirate called you under oath and you is still lying.  Where is Barney?  Truth Prevails needs to be arrested Barney for lying under oath.  You think im joking but im not.

Obviously with being in the same district the number one goal to achieving what they want is beating the pirates so they can have a shot at home field advantage throughout the playoffs. You really believe what you just said Mike?? Their championship has ALWAYS been the sp game?? Really?? Surely you must remember what it is like to be on the wrong end of those eight game losing streaks. I am pretty sure that you were in school in the midst of one of those runs. Matter of fact it was rare that sp beat Mc at anything during those days. I am sure you would like to forget that but you and most bumping those gums are people that rarely won against Mc and have been living all this time through those kids and holding on to them doing something that y'all weren't able to do......lol. Ross has the kids focused on the right things, he said when he got here he didn't care about beating sp. The teams he were worried about were Trousdale co. And Grace Christian. If anyone is looking for a team to join then I say the water is fine up the road. Ross is doing big things and I hope we can just hold onto him for 10 years. Since Op knows that the little league is paying him, maybe they can raise signups by 100 bucks so he can make more money....lol

There were a lot of very close games in those days.  Many of "those days" were also during a period when Jasper was AA in the old A-AA-AAA system.  KC would whine if he had less than 65 players dressed out for games (86 & 87). 

I never beat Jasper in football, but you never beat SP in football either that I recall. We all live through these kids and our own somewhat. You can't tell me that even a small part of you loves winning for yourself in youth sports. You won't say it on here but you do, every coach does at least a little. Your group along with the group right below you will be a force in several years in multiple sports as long as they stay together. I wish them the best.

I never beat Jasper in football, but you never beat SP in football either that I recall. We all live through these kids and our own somewhat. You can't tell me that even a small part of you loves winning for yourself in youth sports. You won't say it on here but you do, every coach does at least a little. Your group along with the group right below you will be a force in several years in multiple sports as long as they stay together. I wish them the best.

LOPAO......PM, Old Pirate tips the cap to you. The folkes that chatter about how it felt during this win streak or that losing streak and never feuded is like a hippy flower child draft dodger talking about how it felt in Vietnam and winning losing battles! Those types are still around today, point here is there ain't been No Jasperlites that will testify honestly about taking money from the little league to pay coach's bonuses! Nope, recon not...recon theys still fellers a bit skeerd. Yep, recon so.... Edited by OLD PIRATE

LOPAO..... point here is there ain't been No Jasperlites that will testify honestly about taking money from the little league to pay coach's bonuses! Nope, recon not...recon theys still fellers a bit skeerd. Yep, recon so....

As a distant outsider looking in my opinion on this........is this........Unless there's a TSSAA violation in an arrangement like this, the Payer's of such have an understandable desire to help keep High School coaching in a stable state as they advance upward through their Senior years participation, and the receiver of such has a vested interest in personally helping keep the younger feeder program viable both financially and participant wise.  It's looks to be one of those Corporate America much talked about Win - Win situations for both parties.  Just saying.....This particular topic is likely headed toward one of those lock boxes.  :huh:   

As a distant outsider looking in my opinion on this........is this........Unless there's a TSSAA violation in an arrangement like this, the Payer's of such have an understandable desire to help keep High School coaching in a stable state as they advance upward through their Senior years participation, and the receiver of such has a vested interest in personally helping keep the younger feeder program viable both financially and participant wise. It's looks to be one of those Corporate America much talked about Win - Win situations for both parties. Just saying.....This particular topic is likely headed toward one of those lock boxes. :huh:

To be honest, I have not heard of the little league financially supporting high school coaches salaries or bonuses. There are some up here that would support a raising money for moving vans thou. I don't care if Grundy coaches leave or stay.