Lewis Co. at Camden

@38320

They have beaten a winless 1A Perry County, a winless 2A Houston County, & a 1-3 3A Stewart County.

They may very well be outstanding when all is said and done but they have proved nothing to this point other than they will win more games than they did last year. They'll get their chance to prove something soon enough.

I think Waverly has proved they are better than Fairview. They handled stewart with ease and Fairview struggled until injuries began hurting them. Camden and Lewis are very average teams. Lewis is nothing like last year and Camden is not the Camden of years past. My son played tight end for the Dickson Dragons a few years back and we scrimmaged Waverly before each season,they would devistate us Can someone tell me how Camden and Lewis have faired in the past few years against Waverly? Im trying to gather more knowledge of this region before I predict a front runner for the championship. Right now I say Lewis 28 Camden 17.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Waverly has proved they are better than Fairview. They handled stewart with ease and Fairview struggled until injuries began hurting them. Camden and Lewis are very average teams. Lewis is nothing like last year and Camden is not the Camden of years past. My son played tight end for the Dickson Dragons a few years back and we scrimmaged Waverly before each season,they would devistate us Can someone tell me how Camden and Lewis have faired in the past few years against Waverly? Im trying to gather more knowledge of this region before I predict a front runner for the championship. Right now I say Lewis 28 Camden 17.

Waverly has never beat lewis Co ever

I was away from Camden pretty much from 1978 until 2005. Have no ideah how the games between Camden and Waverly went during that time. 2006 to date Waverly hasen't won against Camden. Didn't show up in most games. They have fielded some good players at times but not a team. Haven't seen Waverly this year. Hear they have a new coach and a descent team. Time will tell. Can't predict what will happen in the upcoming game with Camden and Lewis Co. I am pulling for Camden and if the team that played Fairview and Montgomery Central shows up, Lewis Co in in for a long night. If the team that played East Hickman shows up, it could be a long night for Camden. They made more mistakes and mental errors in the first half of the EH game than all three of the other games combined. I really look for it to be a good game and I pray for no injuries on either side. 

On a side note, Waverly has proven nothing when it comes to fairview. Waverly hasn't played them yet. No matter what team you have each played you can't predict how you will play against each other until it's over. Camden was rolling with an udefeated season a few years ago and the last game of the season before playoffs was against a descent but not exceptional Red Hawk team who came in and played exceptionally well to defeat Camden. I think Swarm is right on so far. Waverly hasn't played the best of the district yet. So let's wait and see the outcome of the rest of the season.  Good luck to all teams in the district and I pray for injury free fun games. Looking forward to Lewin Co. Friday night.  

wmatlock1 said--

"On a side note, Waverly has proven nothing when it comes to fairview. Waverly hasn't played them yet. No matter what team you have each played you can't predict how you will play against each other until it's over. Camden was rolling with an udefeated season a few years ago and the last game of the season before playoffs was against a descent but not exceptional Red Hawk team who came in and played exceptionally well to defeat Camden. I think Swarm is right on so far. Waverly hasn't played the best of the district yet. So let's wait and see the outcome of the rest of the season.  Good luck to all teams in the district and I pray for injury free fun games. Looking forward to Lewin Co. Friday night"

Thanks and good post. Waverly has proven they are better than Perry, Houston, & Stewart County. That's not to say they aren't better than Fairview, Camden, Lewis, East Nashville, CPA, or Alcoa. They'll just have to prove it on the field rather than comparing margins of victories unfortunately.

This thread has gotten off track and I apologize for my contribution to that. The 11AA thread is a better suited place for any chatter not pertaining to the week 4 Lewis County @ Camden Central game.

Edited by Swarm

I think Waverly has proved they are better than Fairview. They handled stewart with ease and Fairview struggled until injuries began hurting them. Camden and Lewis are very average teams. Lewis is nothing like last year and Camden is not the Camden of years past. My son played tight end for the Dickson Dragons a few years back and we scrimmaged Waverly before each season,they would devistate us Can someone tell me how Camden and Lewis have faired in the past few years against Waverly? Im trying to gather more knowledge of this region before I predict a front runner for the championship. Right now I say Lewis 28 Camden 17.

We Blanked Waverly at there place I believe 46-0 and starters didn't play second Half. So our boys starting this yr and some starters from last yr had plenty of playing time and Waverly has to come to the Panther PIT have fun with that LOl Ask Swarm what kinda atmosphere we have over here it was awesome. Camden had a good team last yr and t

Waverly has never beat lewis Co ever

46-0 last yr alltime and starters where out by halftime . Waverly be careful of Fairview win or loose they will smack you right in the mouth until you beat any of the top 5 teams from last yr you cant say anything - I am going to go out on a limb and say you will still get beat by all of LC,Hickman,East,Fairview and Camden, and don't forget Creekwood is playing some great ball right now. Until you beat a varsity team by those score quit yappin!

Average teams play .500 to .600 ball and get knocked out of the playoffs the first round, if they make it. Camden Central and Lewis Co. are not average teams. If you think these two teams are average 3A teams, you haven't seen a lot of 3A football. Lewis Co. has been above average for at least 20 plus years and Camden has for 10 years. When a high school team goes 6-4 or 5-5 in a bad year, they are not an average team.