Polk County at McMinn Central

AcrossTheMiddle

First home game in a month, and it's Polk County. The place will be packed and very loud. Central does seem to start out slow, so I won't be concerned if it's a close game at the half. The Chargers experience and talent will take over the second half and the rout will be on.I've said it all along and will repeat... Central will go as far as coaching will take them.

Unless Alcoa gets them first!No amount of coaching will change the inevitable MC is having a great yr but IT WILL END against Alcoa or before.

I can't believe CAK at 2-2 is ranked #9 and undefeated McMinn Central is pretty much ranked #11

Understand that Central has not been state ranked in a while.Many that vote in these polls;vote based on past performance early in the season. One week at a time.One game at a time.All that other stuff will take care of itself.

Understand that Central has not been state ranked in a while.Many that vote in these polls;vote based on past performance early in the season. One week at a time.One game at a time.All that other stuff will take care of itself.

Our district has been weak for a very long time and our district has not done anything in postseason to speak of. I mentioned earlier how our best Central team a few years ago won the district but lost in the first round to the 4th place team of another district TWO YEARS IN A ROW. Polk might have won a game or two in postseason with their best teams recently but that's about it. Central just needs to stay focused and keep winning and prove they belong among the elite teams.

Central hasn't won the district "TWO YEARS IN A ROW".... this century!

Won the district in 2007. Lost to Greenbrier in 1st Round.  2008 Finished 2nd in district to Howard. Hosted playoff game...Lost to DeKalb County. Both disappointing loses. 2009 made the playoffs and lost to CAK in first round.

Dang Charlie - Why are letting all that "hate" out on the Chargers? :rolleyes:

Won the district in 2007. Lost to Greenbrier in 1st Round.  2008 Finished 2nd in district to Howard. Hosted playoff game...Lost to DeKalb County. Both disappointing loses. 2009 made the playoffs and lost to CAK in first round.

Dang Charlie - Why are letting all that "hate" out on the Chargers? :rolleyes:

It should be fun by 2016 when Polk County is back to being Polk and if McMinn is still strong like this season.

In smaller schools talent comes and goes.  Good coaching helps, but a mule isn't going to win a horse race.  Polk had a good run of athletes and players the past few years and unfortunately for them, the well has gone dry.  Football, Basketball, and Baseball will all be down for the Cats this year.  Chargers gonna roll in this one 3 TDs plus

Our district has been weak for a very long time and our district has not done anything in postseason to speak of. I mentioned earlier how our best Central team a few years ago won the district but lost in the first round to the 4th place team of another district TWO YEARS IN A ROW. Polk might have won a game or two in postseason with their best teams recently but that's about it. Central just needs to stay focused and keep winning and prove they belong among the elite teams.

I don't know that it is a weak district, how bout a strong region.  Remeber CAK and Alcoa - OUR REGION has won the state title the pas 10 years.  Put us in another region and MCentral and Polk would have gone further.  I remember 3 years ago going to Bledsoe when they were undefeated and getting shafted out of a win.  Polk would have destroyed that Bledsoe bunch.  Dekalb was and Greenbrier were bigger schools that should have not been in that classification.