South Pittsburg vs Grundy (Moore man against that Bryant man)

Roy Dillard

OP, IMO SP could be 1 - 4 right now and it still wouldn't be time to hit the panic button. Whitwell, Sequatchie and SP look to be close to even talent wise right now; SP played both on the road and wound up 1-1. Hixson / Bell County were loses no matter how SP played this year. Remaining games for SP outside 1A competition are formidable. I'm not a Murphy Fair reader like some posters; I figure Polk and Boyd are much better than their records show to this point. MC is obviously good. 1-2 against those three opponents wouldn't be surprising. Anything better would be a plus. One thing is a given, this year SP needs all the talent they can muster on the field and contributing. Still should make a respectable showing when 1A playoffs arrive. Maybe Hixson / Bell County can be dropped next season and more realistic opponents arranged. Local teams should be more willing to schedule Pirates now that they have become mortal again.

You can not ever count out Pirate squad. They have always been tough. I think the mtn boys have a good shot at getting the win. The talent is down in SP but looks like there is help on the way in 2-3 years. That group of 10-12 year olds are good in football and baseball. Of courseI am partial to the baseball section because the mtn has a little bit to do with that success.

[quote name="TheAmbassador" post="3211131" timestamp="

With Coach Bryant you have a coach that is dedicated and probably isn't planning on leaving.

Here is part of the problem (dedicated). He has never put in the time to make this program better. He hasn't supported his feeder programs. He has had 6 years and still can barely put 30 on the field. Grundy is a large 3A school and can't dress as many as any of the smaller schools in the area???