South Pittsburg vs Grundy (Moore man against that Bryant man)

Roy Dillard

Go Pirates ! Lets make this a statement game. Pull together and fight together ! I hear that Grundy County's QB is hurt. Starting a freshman in his place . Lets put and keep the pressure on him ! Morale will return. Lets gear up for the next stretch of ball games.. Hopefully peak at the end of the season.

Edited by bossbro

I never have been one to predict a victory, unless it was SP.  So, I'll keep quiet on that.  But like someone said about the Whitwell game...if you just enjoy watching small town football I think the Grundy game will be a good game.  We might not win, but it'll be a good rockem/sockem game.  One thing I keep telling myself is that 75% of our Seniors barely averaged a quarter of play per game last year.  At some point the light's gonna come on and they're going to figure out what to do.  I think this is homecoming for us, too.

That was your coaches fault. There were plenty of games where the jv could have played the whole 2nd half. We had the same problem up the road last year with a former coach. Running the score up is not near as important as experience younger players need as you can tell it is really hurting you all this year.

Go Pirates ! Lets make this a statement game. Pull together and fight together ! I hear that Grundy County's QB is hurt. Starting a freshman in his place . Lets put and keep the pressure on him ! Morale will return. Lets gear up for the next stretch of ball games.. Hopefully peak at the end of the season.

If the QB is out it gives us a much better chance of winning this one. I'm going with SP by 14 is he is out this week. If he plays then its a tossup.

53 will more than likely be in 88 this week due to where he plays on offense. He has asked to wear his dad's old number but was shot down. I would like to see him in #11 like his pops. Tradition goes a long way at Sp.

I seen him line up at wing against Whitwell, going in motion and everything.  Then I seen him line up at LB on defense a lot.  He deserves it. Will he run the ball or just in there as an extra blocker.  If that's the case, then that explains why some of the more speedy backs aren't playing wing, maybe they don't know how to block?

Have to ask, is 24 hurt for SP.  Thought 53 / 88 was his understudy so to speak.  Just curious.  Good luck to this young man; hope he exploits this opportunity to both his and teams advantage.

SP should benefit if all this Grundy freshman QB talk ain't just chatter.  SP is a tough place for a freshman to take his first boat ride.  Reminds me of Millard diving in head first on a rainy night in Geor.....Boyd.

Unrelated, but my little red riding man disappeared. :angry:

Edited by nohope