William Blount @ Jefferson County

Governm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Jefferson County fans lurking around?

No. Unfortunately a series of bad hires buy the county administration and a series of bad coaches Jefferson County fans are few and far between anymore. This once stories program has fallen on hard times. Until some drastic changes are made (principal, AD), the program will be stuck. I think Cobble is doing all he can with the support he is getting.

JC was a powerhouse for a while

JC from 1982-89.

Regular season: 74-6

Made at least semifinals from 1982-1987 (state championship season)

Lost in quarterfinals 15-14 in 1988 and 10-7 in 1989.

1996: 5A state runner up (6-4 regular season, upset powerhouses Riverdale and Oak Ridge in playoffs, lost to Brentwood Academy 28-7 in BA's final season in D-I.)

Scott Meadows era (2002-03): after 4 non-winning seasons (3-8, 3-8, 4-7, 5-5)

2002: 9-4 (upset Ooltewah in 5A second round to make quarterfinals)

2003: 10-2 (won at 4A runner-up Morristown West 21-15, defeated WB 19-7 in JC's last playoff win to date, lost to semi finalist Oak Ridge 40-24 in second round)

Since:

Marty Euverard era: (6-4, 2-8, 3-7)

Justin "Gut" Anderson era: (6-5, 3-7, 5-5, 6-5)

Kenny Cobble era: (5-6, 8-3, 4-6, currently 1-3...)

I think WB "should" win this game comfortably. Jeff County only beat seymour 28-14 and we beat heritage and they killed seymour last week. I know you can't always go by that sort of thing but I like WB's chances in this game knowing those scores. The only thing that concerns me is WB isn't exactly known for consistency. Over the past few years it has been very common for them to come ouf flat the week after a win. Hopefully that doesn't happen this week. I will be really happy if we come out and play well this friday.

I hate to see a once proud program like Jeff County fall on hard times. I was telling a friend of mine last night that their really is zero excuse for Jeff County to at least be an 8 win team EVERY year with how big that school is. '87 Jeff County along with '94 Riverdale are two of the best teams I have ever seen play in this state. When I was at ORHS from 94-97 they had some real good teams as well. When I played as a Soph in '94 they had the big Riley Bro's and were a tough out even then. Hope they can get it turned around there. Just makes TN HS football all the much better when they're up there where they should be.