Week 5: Meigs County at McMinn Central

BigDave1967

Charlie, I meant no disrespect.  Your boys played hard, like normal.  I told people Polk was better than what people think.  This is a true testement to the saying your record does not always indicate who you are.  I know there is an injury, and I hope the young man is back sooner than later.  Polk could potentially win out.

No disrespect taken.... it's just one of those years for Polk, one we haven't seen in a long time, inexperience, depth issues, injuries, and everything that can go wrong...goes wrong at the most inopportune moment...

That was the best central team I have seen since y'all beat us 16-0 in 2008.

Last I heard the injury may not be season ending as first thought, possibly 2-3 weeks, but thats just what I heard through the grapevine.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difference is 0-4 vs. 5-0 imo. Tifwiw...Central played their worst polk finally played like polk can but their best still wasn't good enough. A polk win might have been good for both teams though. Seems like CHS is over confident

I agree, MCentral played one of it worst.  However the intesity was still there.  There was some big time hits in this game.  Very physical play.  It was the perfect way to ground the kids, get the win but with a little scare.  On the flip side, if Polk could of played this way in previous games they could have a different record right now. 

My young man told me that practice yesterday was more focused than it has been all year.  I hope the boys can translate this to the field Friday.

No disrespect taken.... it's just one of those years for Polk, one we haven't seen in a long time, inexperience, depth issues, injuries, and everything that can go wrong...goes wrong at the most inopportune moment...

Last I heard the injury may not be season ending as first thought, possibly 2-3 weeks, but thats just what I heard through the grapevine.

I agree, this MCentral team has athletes all over the field.  The injured young man is a hard nosed runner.  Glad it is not that bad.  I myself am pulling for Polk to finish strong.

Some may disagree with me, but I think this is the best Central team in the last 30-40 years. The year we went to the state championship game was more coaching than anything, but I know you have to have some good players to make it that far. The senior leadership and talent this year is the best I've ever seen.

Some may disagree with me, but I think this is the best Central team in the last 30-40 years. The year we went to the state championship game was more coaching than anything, but I know you have to have some good players to make it that far. The senior leadership and talent this year is the best I've ever seen.

Tough road to get there though.  Our region is no joke.

Meigs looks to be improving since 1st game.  Our boys are going to have to shake off the cobb webbs and play.  For some reason I am getting excited about watching this game.  Last week seemed blah!  I am getting a good vibe from the boys that they are focused for this week.

Tough road to get there though.  Our region is no joke.

Meigs looks to be improving since 1st game.  Our boys are going to have to shake off the cobb webbs and play.  For some reason I am getting excited about watching this game.  Last week seemed blah!  I am getting a good vibe from the boys that they are focused for this week.

Congratulations to Pineknot and his teammates for cracking the top 10:

Class 3A Football Poll

1. Alcoa 4-1

2. CPA 5-0

3. Camden 5-0

4. East Nashville 5-0

5. Notre Dame 4-1

6. Westview 5-0

7. CAK 3-2

8. Lewis County 3-1

9. McMinn Central 5-0

10. Milan 3-2

I would compare this game to the TN-GA game on Sat.  Meigs (TN) has improved and headed in the right direction and Central (GA) playing at home with more talent.  If they were playing this game at Meigs i would prob favor picking Meigs in the upset (as i would TN).  But i think Central(as GA does) has more talent and playing at home is going to be the difference.

I would compare this game to the TN-GA game on Sat.  Meigs (TN) has improved and headed in the right direction and Central (GA) playing at home with more talent.  If they were playing this game at Meigs i would prob favor picking Meigs in the upset (as i would TN).  But i think Central(as GA does) has more talent and playing at home is going to be the difference.

Just wanted to congradulate Meigs County on a hard fought game on Friday.  They are a much improved team.  Prayers go out to Ricker and Odem, hope they have a quick recovery.