Forrest 2A vs Page 4A

ForrestRocket129

Against one of the best teams in the state, across all divisions. I don't understand how any sensical Forrest fan could possibly see themselves beating Page. They are almost immune to the Wing-T after facing it in the first two weeks of the season. Not to mention Lipscomb is a much better football team/program than Forrest. This is just a bunch of arrogant Forrest fans who think beating a couple trash teams can compete with the speed and size advantages that Page has. Blow out win for Page. Anything less for the patriots is just embarrassing.

Calling page classless while your own fans were cursing the players out and flipping them off as they walked off. Wow you are pathetic

Hey pot, meet kettle. Only difference is that Page fans did that BEFORE the game even started. Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the dirtiest team of them all? 5 of 5 Page opponents agree, no one does classlessness quite like the Patriots. A little birdy told me that Page's head coach even apologized to Forrest for his bratty kids' antics. Page will always Page......that seems to be a common saying around these parts, and trust me, it's not a compliment.

Wanted to gather some info before posting. Plus, I do have a life 

Page's QB made some good throws and I give their passing game credit. The QB took the short stuff when it was there and hit the 3 or so big throws needed.  

8 starters out by the 4th is no exaggeration for Forrest. No sane human thinks a healthy Forrest team loses this game.  

Examples of how injuries affected the Forrest game plan:

- There was much less pressure on this QB than was needed. With several older fellows out, they still were starting to get to him.  

- #10 is our quickest back. He almost single handedly won the Cascade game.  

- Starting QB leaves in the 2nd half. Still punts. Backup QB did a fine job, although the long pass late was puzzling. Forrest had about a minute to drive for the winning FG in regulation. Weird call for sure.  

Forrest moved the ball at will with the run game. There was a drive when it was 7-7, 3rd quarter that I want to examine for a second:

Forrest looked like Nebraska in the mid 90s literally shoving it down Page's throat. All the way to a first and goal from the 7. At this point, #6 leaps from the pile looking like he has been maced. Eyes watering, no one knows what is happening. Forrest lost 5 yards on the next 3 plays and had to kick a FG.  

It was a day or so later that we started hearing, and confirmed thru several sources, that after the 9 or so Page players that it took finally brought #6 down, there was purposeful and measured EYE GOUGING happening in the pile.  

Let that soak in. 

In a high school football game, opposing players decided, and I'm betting were advised by their coaches, to poke this kids eyes in the pile. This isn't even legal in MMA. It's inarguable that this happened.  â€Ž 

That's all that needs to be said about Page program and what is "stands" for. I will enjoy watching them get pummeled in 4A "competition". This team ISN'T competitive in its own league. They cheap shotted their way to a 1 point overtime win over a tiny school in a tiny town in a tiny county with less than 1/10 of their resources.  

This thing about the Page coach apologizing is laughable. You think these teenagers organized this effort on their own?  

Forrest needs to get healthy quick. They have 4 district games in the next 5 weeks.  

I had no issue with the call to go for 2. It showed balls, which the complete opposite of the DNA of Page's "program". The toss sweep one can debate. Perhaps just punch it straight forward instead. Just a differing opinion. 

Other notable quick hits from the game:

- #6 for Forrest was the best player on the field. As expected.  

- Forrest's sophomore kicker was equal to Page's in talent and results. 

-Page TD in OT was the result of a blatant shoving match for the ball. Still, Page made the play. A flag COULD have been throw.  

- I've never seen more offsetting PF penalties in my life. Gutless refs. Call it on one team or the other. I think our fellows got sucked into some ‎of Page's cheap shot mischief early.  

- I'm the last person to call a team dirty or blame refs. But Page overall is like Eddie Haskell. Smiling and polite on the outside, evil and conniving at its core.  

The #74 hype proved laughable. That kid needs an oxygen machine and I write that out of concern for his health. 

Forrest has a chance to win out. Page might not win another game.  
  • Upvote 1

Page's QB made some good throws and I give their passing game credit. The QB took the short stuff when it was there and hit the 3 or so big throws needed.

8 starters out by the 4th is no exaggeration for Forrest. No sane human thinks a healthy Forrest team loses this game.

- There was much less pressure on this QB than was needed. With several older fellows out, they still were starting to get to him.

- Starting QB leaves in the 2nd half. Still punts. Backup QB did a fine job, although the long pass late was puzzling. Forrest had about a minute to drive for the winning FG in regulation. Weird call for sure.

Forrest moved the ball at will with the run game. There was a drive when it was 7-7, 3rd quarter that I want to examine for a second:

Forrest looked like Nebraska in the mid 90s literally shoving it down Page's throat. All the way to a first and goal from the 7. At this point, #6 leaps from the pile looking like he has been maced. Eyes watering, no one knows what is happening. Forrest lost 5 yards on the next 3 plays and had to kick a FG.

It was a day or so later that we started hearing, and confirmed thru several sources, that after the 9 or so Page players that it took finally brought #6 down, there was purposeful and measured EYE GOUGING happening in the pile.

Let that soak in.

In a high school football game, opposing players decided, and I'm betting were advised by their coaches, to poke this kids eyes in the pile. This isn't even legal in MMA. It's inarguable that this happened. ‎

That's all that needs to be said about Page program and what is "stands" for. I will enjoy watching them get pummeled in 4A "competition". This team ISN'T competitive in its own league. They cheap shotted their way to a 1 point overtime win over a tiny school in a tiny town in a tiny county with less than 1/10 of their resources.

This thing about the Page coach apologizing is laughable. You think these teenagers organized this effort on their own?

Forrest needs to get healthy quick. They have 4 district games in the next 5 weeks.

I had no issue with the call to go for 2. It showed balls, which the complete opposite of the DNA of Page's "program". The toss sweep one can debate. Perhaps just punch it straight forward instead. Just a differing opinion.

-Page TD in OT was the result of a blatant shoving match for the ball. Still, Page made the play. A flag COULD have been throw.

- I've never seen more offsetting PF penalties in my life. Gutless refs. Call it on one team or the other. I think our fellows got sucked into some ‎of Page's cheap shot mischief early.

- I'm the last person to call a team dirty or blame refs. But Page overall is like Eddie Haskell. Smiling and polite on the outside, evil and conniving at its core.

The #74 hype proved laughable. That kid needs an oxygen machine and I write that out of concern for his health.

well put

Let that soak in.

In a high school football game, opposing players decided, and I'm betting were advised by their coaches, to poke this kids eyes in the pile. This isn't even legal in MMA. It's inarguable that this happened. ‎

It's ok make up all the stuff you want. The scoreboard said enough. Y'all have fun trying to deal with this loss you were so sure wouldn't happen.

weak lame response. if we were in person you'd try to bait me into a penalty or gouge my eyes. 

you didn't refute a thing. 

your "elite" program squeaked one out where half the opponent's starters were on the sidelines. if that makes you bow up in your mirror (or mirrors if you're like #74) then so be it.

the QB for Page made some nice throws. his receivers made some grown up catches. other than that they were entirely unimpressive. Forrest was 3 yards from a victory with 8 reserves.

i called 23-21. i was off by 3 pts total. The Page fans were calling blowout. id like to see these teams play at full strength.  

Edited by Buddha14