(3-1) Harpeth travels to (3-2) Clarksville Academy. Homecoming game!

gtripledip

Harpeth travels to Clarksville Academy for Week 5 football action. Harpeth record is 3-1 coming off a bye week. They have run the table blowing out their competition since being beat by NCS in week Zero. Harpeth has won 3 in a row beating East Roberston, Cheatham and Mont Central.

Clarksville Academy is 3-2 coming out of a win over McEwen. The Cougars started the season with loses to Montgomery Central and WHH. CA has since won 3 straight since. In last years contest Harpeth shutout a depleted Clarksville Academy team that dressed 23 players for the game. Not sure it was a good ideal to schedule Harpeth as the homecoming opponent. These two teams have had common opponents and both won 3 in a row. Harpeth will have the size and numbers and on paper should get the win. I'm hoping that that home field advantage along with the memory of the embarrassing shutout loss last year will be enough to get the Cougars over the top.

I am not sure what to expect from Harpeth.

Well gentleman it's time to say, how about those Clarksville Academy Cougars. CA pulled the homecoming upset special tonight beating the Harpeth Indians 42-27. CA is now 4-2. The Indians came to play and it was a very physical game. I expected more passes but the mostly ran the ball. At one point in the first half the Indians lead 20-7. The Cougars dominated the 2nd half. It was the longest and worst officiate game I have ever seen. Penalties were called over and over on both teams. This game even had 2 "grounding" calls. I would guest that there were over 35-40 penalties called. One referee (line judge) was responsible for 1/2 of them.