Cookeville (6-0) @ Rhea County (5-0)

Rhea Co.

Recruiting recruiting blah blah haha. Gabe Angel's dad got a teaching job at Cookeville High. Just like he had a teaching job at WC. He's also related to the Offensive Coordinator. Vic Johnson just moved up here cause they wanted to. We didn't "recruit" him. But anyway... See ya Halloween night!

He was recruited by the angels. I know for a fact.

He was recruited by the angels. I know for a fact.

You want a little cheese to go with that WHINE??? You and the Wilson Central staff need to worry about winning some ballgames or even competing.  You lost those guys because your coaches had no clue how to use them. 

Congrats to Rhea Co. on an outstanding win.  I heard the environment was AWESOME.

• Upvote 1

You want a little cheese to go with that WHINE??? You and the Wilson Central staff need to worry about winning some ballgames or even competing.  You lost those guys because your coaches had no clue how to use them. 

Congrats to Rhea Co. on an outstanding win.  I heard the environment was AWESOME.

True!

And the environment was awesome till about the last 6 seconds haha...

I wonder if any Cookeville fans did the trifecta this weekend...CHS...UT...Titan games. If so...might be suicidal...lol.

I did 2 of the 3. Heartbreak on Friday & Sunday for sure. Watched on TV Saturday but I'm a Gator fan so Saturday was fun haha. Amazing swing of emotions for one weekend. But that's what makes this time of year so great!  :thumb:

The size of a school is a bit overrated in my opinion. Maryville is a small 6A school and they dominate. Alcoa is 3A and can compete with pretty much any school. Jeff County is one of the biggest schools in the state and they're horrid. It's all about coaching and winning tradition for the most part. The schools with the better coaching and winning tradition, which breeds winning and the expectation of winning into the kids means a whole lot more than the size of a school. Just my 2 cents. No knock on Cookeville, but they have never really been known as a school with a winning tradition. Yeah, some good teams over the years, but they have always lacked in the coaching and tradition dept to maximize the talent of those numbers they have.

I agree and very well stated.