McMinn Central at Sweetwater

AcrossTheMiddle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree BigDave.  I see the Chargers turning the offense around this week.  Finding a way to win right now.  Getting the best everyone!

After our performance against Polk, I had hoped it woke the coaches and team last week in practice. They didn't so I was disappointed in our effort for most of the game against Meigs. We won though and that was the best thing about the game. I hope they get the issues worked out this week. If they do, we will beat Sweetwater by 3-4 touchdowns.

I sure hope they fix the problems. It's just not the play calling. It's the players too. The effort is there. It's the execution that's killing us.

There was nothing wrong with the play callig, but some of our players weren't prepared. A smaller Meigs team took it to us, smacked us in the face, and made us like it for about 3 qtrs. Before the game I asked one of our Seniors if they were ready for battle, and he responded "We got this one easy!" By his demeanor I thought he was a little too confident, and his play on the field was lacking from what he's capable of until that final drive where we scored. Maybe us fans need to quit patting them on the back so much, so they will get hungry again.

There was nothing wrong with the play callig, but some of our players weren't prepared. A smaller Meigs team took it to us, smacked us in the face, and made us like it for about 3 qtrs. Before the game I asked one of our Seniors if they were ready for battle, and he responded "We got this one easy!" By his demeanor I thought he was a little too confident, and his play on the field was lacking from what he's capable of until that final drive where we scored. Maybe us fans need to quit patting them on the back so much, so they will get hungry again.

Meigs is a well coached, much improved football team. I do not agree with assessment as Meigs being "smaller". You must have sat on the top row in the stands. May need to have them glasses checked. Meigs had good size on both sides of the ball. The running back that got hurt for Meigs did not play in the first three games. He is a difference maker for sure.

You are now calling out one our players for being overconfident. Shame on you. These kids are feeling tons of pressure. Not very often that a McMinn Central team is 6-0, expecting to win. You have no clue. These kids work hard everyday to prepare themselves. Why not get on here and talk about the offense that made a 14 play 93 yard drive when the pressure was on or the defense that stopped Meigs when they were 1st and goal on the 9 yard line. They are learning to win. Those lessons will serve them well the rest of the season.

As for the celebrating with the players after the game. Those fans are most appreciative of the players and their efforts. It is refreshing to see that at Central football games.

Meigs is a well coached, much improved football team. I do not agree with assessment as Meigs being "smaller". You must have sat on the top row in the stands. May need to have them glasses checked. Meigs had good size on both sides of the ball. The running back that got hurt for Meigs did not play in the first three games. He is a difference maker for sure.

You are now calling out one our players for being overconfident. Shame on you. These kids are feeling tons of pressure. Not very often that a McMinn Central team is 6-0, expecting to win. You have no clue. These kids work hard everyday to prepare themselves. Why not get on here and talk about the offense that made a 14 play 93 yard drive when the pressure was on or the defense that stopped Meigs when they were 1st and goal on the 9 yard line. They are learning to win. Those lessons will serve them well the rest of the season.

As for the celebrating with the players after the game. Those fans are most appreciative of the players and their efforts. It is refreshing to see that at Central football games.

Good post C64.  I think we need to be reminded that these are just kids.  I remember how cocky I was at this age.  After watching the Meigs film, I realized that had really improved.  They had good size and executed well.  The good news is that when people are pointing out that we are not winning pretty, we are still winning-rather than losing I know all have good intentions, but we are just fine. I am ready for Friday.

I'm very proud of them. Now let's take it one game at a time and beat Sweetwater.[/quot

e]

+1

Feel a lot better after watching Meigs film.  Some phantom holding calls, I played back and played back and never saw two of the calls.  Meigs second score came on an obvious 4th down stop in which Meigs was stopped.  Costly turnover and a couple of missed tackles that could have been for loss. Dropped passes that would have been first downs.  My point on that is that the boys were in the correct place, just got to make the play.  I am not taking a thing from the effort of Meigs, just that if we clean some stuff up we will be fine.