Refrees

onetworemember

I have a feeling this thread will get locked pretty quick, so I better get my 2 cents in.

Alcoa has had the same crew at the past 3 home games. I think they're from the Chattanooga area. Let's just say we have significantly more penalties/penalty yards than our opponent. My only assumption is that Rankin is trying to prepare the team for some of the Knoxville officials we'll see twice in Cedar Bluff (this is NOT a reflection on CAK or Catholic, 2 of the classiest programs I've seen).

When officials make numerous calls against Alcoa, it's not the coaches or school they're hurting, it's the kids. I'm sure this is a problem everywhere, but that doesn't make it okay. When officiating gets personal, it's all downhill from there.

Alcoa BB

1. Those officials are part of the Blount/Loudon Association. Those officials are not from Chattanooga.

2. Champions should be above moaning, crying and whining about the officiating.

3. The officiating is what it is statewide. It could be better and it could be worse.

4. I hardly think those officials get together in their pre-game meeting and say, "Ok guys, we have Alcoa tonight, make sure to throw the flags".

5. Can officials be bad, not know the rules? Yep....There are things the coaching staff at Alcoa can do to help get better officiating. Let the assigner have access to your Hudl account. He can review all the questionable calls objectively.

6. Goons should never get good officiating. :mrgreen:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this thread will get locked pretty quick, so I better get my 2 cents in.

Alcoa has had the same crew at the past 3 home games. I think they're from the Chattanooga area. Let's just say we have significantly more penalties/penalty yards than our opponent. My only assumption is that Rankin is trying to prepare the team for some of the Knoxville officials we'll see twice in Cedar Bluff (this is NOT a reflection on CAK or Catholic, 2 of the classiest programs I've seen).

When officials make numerous calls against Alcoa, it's not the coaches or school they're hurting, it's the kids. I'm sure this is a problem everywhere, but that doesn't make it okay. When officiating gets personal, it's all downhill from there.

Alcoa BB

1. Those officials are part of the Blount/Loudon Association. Those officials are not from Chattanooga.

2. Champions should be above moaning, crying and whining about the officiating.

3. The officiating is what it is statewide. It could be better and it could be worse.

4. I hardly think those officials get together in their pre-game meeting and say, "Ok guys, we have Alcoa tonight, make sure to throw the flags".

5. Can officials be bad, not know the rules? Yep....There are things the coaching staff at Alcoa can do to help get better officiating. Let the assigner have access to your Hudl account. He can review all the questionable calls objectively.

6. Goons should never get good officiating. :mrgreen:

When even the Goons complain about officials, it's probably bad officiating. My guess is that Rankin wants to keep this crew to prepare his team for some of the really biased ones. We'll see how it works out

Then pay them to do a good job.  Make them do more than take an open book test and be accountable.  The T$$AA has all the money pay them extra to watch their own and critique themselves with and experienced official.  As long as you do keep doing the same thing things will never change.  There is no accountability, they do and say what they want with no punishment - and I quote -"Coach I can do whatever I want out here"

My favorite is from last week, Linesman " Coach, calling holding is not my job, it is his (Referee)".  Referee - "That is not my job it is his (Linesman)"  No wonder they are so bad.

To agree with an earlier post, they seem more than a little confused.

Good gosh....SMH

Once again. I wasn't bashing refs. I was a ref for about 8 years. Football, basketball, and soccer. I know the ins and outs. I was just saying that I have seen this five or six times this year. A flag on a play. The refs don't know how many yards to step off. Which way to go in two different games. ONCE AGAIN. I'M NOT BASHING THEM. JUST CONCERNED THAT'S ALL!!!

I think high school football is getting faster and better and the refs have just not kept up. Overall, they do a pretty good job, but I wish they would get paid more so it would be a more desirable thing to do. Most of the refs I have met are former high school players who still love football and can still run fast enough to not get plowed (usually). I just think some of the high octane offenses and defenses are a little tougher to call than the old Wish Bone or Power I were. Too much stuff going on at once to keep up with......................Just my ideas.