District 8-AAA Pre-Season Predictions

SouthernSlamma

I think Columbia will run away with the conference. Don't know of they will go undefeated, but they should take the regular season title and District tourney. After that it could wide open for 2-6 maybe 2-7. I'm not sure what Lincoln CO., Lawrence CO., or Coffee CO have coming back. But Tullahoma should be number 8. I don't think they have enough, they might win a game or two. Of course there will that team or two that steps and surprises everyone

1. Columbia

2. Shelbyville

3. Franklin CO

4. Lawrence CO

5. Coffee. CO

6. Lincoln CO

7. Tullahoma

Lawrence County has a legitimate shot this year. They have a lot of players with a lot of experience. Peyton Sockwell and Parks Hartsfield are two seniors that make the impact for this team. They have a quick and experienced point guard in junior Kirk Kemp. I think the x factor for them is going to be their post play. They have a giant in Bryce Clift with Kade Rholing down low too. Also, if Corey Garretson can stay healthy this year then he will be a huge impact for this team as well. I feel that Lawrence County can run with the best of them this year and they have a shot at going a long way.

• 3 weeks later...

Lincoln Co. could be decent. It all depends on their guards. They have all their guards returning. Point guard could be pretty good plus they have 2 kids who can shoot the ball pretty well.  As for new guys, the back up PG could be pretty good and they have a post player who could be alright. Both of those guys are sophomores. Coach Tipps does a good job with the guys he gets. Its hard to find many athletes in Lincoln County that go to LCHS.

• 2 months later...

very tough day for Coffee Co and Manchester..Coach Douglas was relieved of his coaching duties...he will remain on as a teacher. Coach Douglas is a very discipline individual and a good man.

In other news on a sad day..

Also, a death today of someone that meant a lot to the city and to the sports community