Waverly at Lewis Co

FBHIGHWAY

Waverly 6-0 "The team everyone laughed at in preseason" travels to Lewis Co "who has lost 3 straight" this Friday. Does Waverly continue its streak of big wins or does the road end in Lewis? Will Lewis end the 3 game losing streak or continue its downward spiral? Thoughts?

Edited by FBHIGHWAY

Fbhighway lets be honest. Waverly is improved this year, but they are no Lewis County, Fairview, or Camden. I look for Lewis County to bounce back this week at home. If you look at Waverly's schedule they have yet to play anyone with a winning record. Tradition will rule in Hohenwald Friday. My hats off to the improvement Waverly's made this year, but reality will sit in come Friday.  When we get into to Week 7-10 the pretenders and contenders start to separate. You guys will start to see that this week.

Fbhighway lets be honest. Waverly is improved this year, but they are no Lewis County, Fairview, or Camden. I look for Lewis County to bounce back this week at home. If you look at Waverly's schedule they have yet to play anyone with a winning record. Tradition will rule in Hohenwald Friday. My hats off to the improvement Waverly's made this year, but reality will sit in come Friday.  When we get into to Week 7-10 the pretenders and contenders start to separate. You guys will start to see that this week.

I have a feeling your going to be really disappointed come Friday night. I have seen all the teams you mentioned above and I really don't think LC matches up very good with Waverly. Lots of speed and hard to tackle. You can't go on history. These are two totally different teams from last year.

Lwis Co at home is hard to beat. Lewis co has a history of winning. Waverly is very much improved this year. Haven't seen Waverly play as of yet. I plan to attend the game at Lewis Co this coming Friday night. RayLewis51 is correct in his statement about the Quality of teams already played and the quality of teams yet to be played. They could get by Lewis but i'm not sure they will but then I didn't think Hickman Co would beat Lewis Co. Waverly has Lewis then Camden, Hickman Co and Fairview the last half of the season. Either one of those 4 teams have the potential to beat Waverly. From what I hear Waverly has a speedy QB and some good quick recievers. Lewis will put the QB to the test so he better be fast. Then Camden will have him running for his life and so will Hickman and Fairview. All of the last 4 teams will collapse Waverleys offensie line. Now that does'nt mean Waverly will lose. Matchups are different with every team. Would not venture to pick this game either way. Good luck to both teams. I pray for a good hard fought contest with no injuries.        

Edited by wmatlock1

It’s really fun seeing many people rationalize Waverly’s success as being a fluke because they have not played anyone with a winning record.  Waverly actually contributed to those losing records.  They are also not just winning, they are destroying these other teams.  The starters have yet to get a full game in.  That is the down side of their dominance early in the season.  Yes, the next three weeks will be the toughest tests.  When we win these games you all will likely say that everyone else is having a down season.  That is ok too.  Our boys will hold their head high and play with pride and character. 

Just think, after this week’s Lewis County game, you will be able to say that Waverly has beat another team with a losing record, aka current 3-3 & 1-3 (D) Lewis County.  While our coaches and team will not look past this quality opponent, we will certainly be there to play.

It’s really fun seeing many people rationalize Waverly’s success as being a fluke because they have not played anyone with a winning record. Waverly actually contributed to those losing records. They are also not just winning, they are destroying these other teams. The starters have yet to get a full game in. That is the down side of their dominance early in the season. Yes, the next three weeks will be the toughest tests. When we win these games you all will likely say that everyone else is having a down season. That is ok too. Our boys will hold their head high and play with pride and character.

Just think, after this week’s Lewis County game, you will be able to say that Waverly has beat another team with a losing record, aka current 3-3 & 1-3 (D) Lewis County. While our coaches and team will not look past this quality opponent, we will certainly be there to play.

Great post & 100% truth. Waverly put 41 on East in one quarter. Just an example of the pure dominance. Camden fans will keep trying to smoothe over Waverly's success by making excuses. Truth is Camden Lewis & every other team left to play Waverly in the district has their eye on Tiger Town and know they MUST beat them. They know they have one heck of a battle coming. They better be ready...these Tigers are fierce and are looking to sweep every team on the way to a District Championship

This is great. Waverly blows teams out on the schedule that Camden Central, Hicktown, and Fairview has either had close games with or even lost to and Waverly still hasn't hit "reality". Let me guess? McConnell blows theses teams out when the others are just playing around and "allowing" them to be close. Now the only game I can compare with Lewis County is the East Hickman game. Now Waverly had the 49-7 at halftime when Lewis only beat them by 8. Now I'm sure there is some excuse as too why that was a close game. I know you really can't make these comparison cause they aren't always correct. Now I'm sure we are gonna have the roughest night this far at Hohenwald but I still think Waverly wins.

Waverly Central 34

Lewis County 21

Now I am going to see what excuses Hicktown has made concerning there lost to Camden.

Edited by Wavotiger10

I think Waverly is playing some good football this year. The new coach there has been able to do something that your previous coach didn't do. He has gotten the school and the county interested in football again and I think that's great. Competation in any sport makes the opponent better which in turn makes your team better. I definately do not dislike Waverly. I had a grandson graduate last year from there, 3 Granddaughters that went to J-ville prior to highschoos and they have friends going to Waverly Highschool. Wavotiger 10 I wish you guys all the luck in the world until Camden comes to your town but you can tell by the points you have been putting up that the teams you have played have had some pretty poor deafenses. Not so with the rest of the season. Everybody you play from hear on in have better defenses than you have seen so far and better offenses as well. The comparison to what you did against East and what the other teams have done is irrelevent. Lewis co lost to to Hickman CO 28-24 and to Camden 40-22. Camden beat Hickman 34-13. Matchups are different with every team you play and believe me your next 4 games are going to be progressively harder than the first 6 you have played. Good luck. I plan on coming to the game at Lewis Friday. Camden is off and I've been wanting to see Waverly play.