Waverly at Lewis Co

FBHIGHWAY

Yeah we had 3-4 starters out and lost our #41 at Halftime with Concussion our Boys showed up and tackled tonight and should win last 3 I still don't see Waverly beating Camden, Hickman or Fairview If we could not set back and allowed the ends to rush #5 doesn't like contact at all and will go down pretty much as soon as contact is made. I see Camden beating them by 3 TD's just my take!

[uote name=F one of the best coaches eare of the best coaches in the IdEagle" post="3227043" timestamp="1412998630]

Congrats Alltime and those boys over there playing for one of the best coaches in the state, Coach Sharp!! I remember watching those kids play a heck of a game against an out matched top private school on a bitter cold night and hang with them when they walked in very doubted. I knew this win was coming for Lewis. Sounds like you guys really cheated em ;)

thanks my friend and your right,Coach Sharp is one of the best coaches in the state and he proves it by winning year in and year out with less talent than any coach I can think Of

Have always considered you an "ally". Can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs and maybe drink a cup of coffee with ya. Keep em going over there, back there in HC coach Clark has a problem with injuries everywhere and low numbers but only graduating 2 seniors he will have em ready next year. God bless you all!

Well for all those who are unbeleavers Lewis Co never gave up. I was at the game and it was basically a shoot out. Lewis scored waverly scores off and on all night long. There was no cheating that I saw. Both teams committed penelties that were not called. I went to Lewis Co looking to see a very impressive Waverly team. The hype is much more impressive than the reality. Yes the QB can run and he did a lot of it tonight but in the last quarter it was the wrong way. Waverly you have come a long way from the last few years and if you want it you will get better. I will say this. On the two or three plays that you let get outside and a couple you let get long runs off tackle, Camden would have scored. You would have been down at 14 maybe 21 to zip in the first Quarter. Waverly youre Defense is not very good and your offense is not really that impressive. I think that waverly will be very lucky to win another game this year. of course i'm not always right. You haven't seen anything like Deshan Brown and Camden has a couple more Offensive players that are very fast. You couldn't catch Lewis ball carriers and they couldn't catch Brown. #5 is going to get a lot of up close and personal contact next week. Expect it and be ready for it. Guys i'm not putting waverly down. They played hard all 4 quarters. Lewis defense just steppet up in the 4th very impressively.  Congrats to you Lewis Co on an impressive defencely played game and win. I pray for no injuries that the young man that the Ambulance took is not seriously injured.  

Was a great game. We had the game after we stop yalls 2 point conversion 41-39... if waverly had managed the clock better w under 3 min to go... and run it straight up the middle just like theyd had been. But they didnt. Instead of running the clock down to 3 or 4 he was snapping it at 16 and 17 seconds. Wtc !! Lewis played till the end. We played smashmouth ball with them and they were getting up slowly. My hats off to lewis county. Theyre now 4-3. We are 6-1. Next week brings new tasks. Time to refocus.

Big, big, big congrats to the Lewis County Panthers. It appears as if Waverly is not quite as impressive as a whole bunch of people thought they were. (including myself)

That's not to say they aren't a very good football team that will continue to have a great season but I think they got taste of upper echelon 11AA football tonight for the first time this season. We all knew the last 4 or 5 games on the schedule would tell the tale and so far it looks like they may have gotten a little overhyped. The schedule certainly doesn't get any easier from here on out with Camden, Hickman, & Fairview on deck. The district championship possibility is still alive but I feel like Camden will prove next week that they are a step ahead of the rest of 11AA in 2014.

Congrats again to Coach Sharp and Lewis County on the big win. You showed again why Hohenwald is not a place that is kind to undefeated football teams.

Now that I have gotten myself under control and cried my eyes out I can give a true assessment. Penalty was a very good factor. I said at Halftime on here that calls were terrible and we were winning so why would I make an excuse. Waverly was not able to run there offense tonight because of wet field. They tried and it was more of a risk than reward to running it. Waverly probably had more designed run plays tonight then the entire season combined. A few people called it. It was said if it rained it would be a toss up. Well it rained. The situation on the officiating. Lewis County won because they took advantage of opportunity that were provided by referees. Both teams played well. Shout out to Devin Palk, Rhyse Randolph, and Layne Emerson. Rhyse Randolph put a hit on a Lewis County Backer that should be on ESPN Top 10....... Layne Emerson played like a man possessed. Devin Palk runs at the line like no other player I have ever seen. Either way. We are are coming Camden.

1st off I hardly ever post...I don't like talkn crap about another team...I just want to say it was a great game both teams fought hard but PANTHER PRIDE PREVAILED!!! And to the wavokittycat...winners don't make excuses they work harder!!! So to say y'all got cheated is BS!!! Niether team was perfect but your kids are lucky ours are more disciplined because if my son wasn't then there would've been a big fight going on...and if you were at the game Yes I was the big loud mouth in the stands that was hollering at the refs for missing calls...all night against y'all and (they missed call against us to) but here in lewis co we do not teach our kids to play dirty!!! Your kids were mad because they were getn outplayed at the end instead of buckling down and playn their game...so they wanted to start something...And yes I coached my son for 8 years...so I know he got taught right...waverly does have a good team not sayn they don't...I haven't said anything bad about any team...although I wish bad luck on anyone we play when we play them I also root for all the teamsin our district in other games...I have friends and family in just about every town we play...so my advice to y'all would be to worry about playn your game...winners don't make excuses they work harder...so shake this loss off and worry about Camden cause they will be workn hard this week and they were there tonight and seem like they are hungry to lockup that #1 spot

As for #41 he is ok...mild concussion w/dehydration...Drs said the dehydration made it seem worse than it was...thank y'all for thinkn about him

And yes we have 8-9 total injured...5-6 that have to have surgery and 2 more that have played the past 3 games that will probably have to have surgery after the season but refuse to sit out the rest of their senior year...goodluck to all teams...hopefully no more injuries for anyone

Edited by Bigd522003

Was a great game. We had the game after we stop yalls 2 point conversion 41-39... if waverly had managed the clock better w under 3 min to go... and run it straight up the middle just like theyd had been. But they didnt. Instead of running the clock down to 3 or 4 he was snapping it at 16 and 17 seconds. Wtc !! Lewis played till the end. We played smashmouth ball with them and they were getting up slowly. My hats off to lewis county. Theyre now 4-3. We are 6-1. Next week brings new tasks. Time to refocus.

Yea your right, we are 4-3 and Waverly Still Has never beaten Lewis