District Tournament Predictions

K2ruth

With the tournament this week I thought it would be fun to make predictions.

Privates: Webb has no opposition until the State Finals. Expect alot of trophies from the best coached program in Knoxville.

A - Grace Christian won't be challenged until the state playoffs, but I don't know if they are a threat to win. Easy District championship.

AA - This one is fun. CAK and Catholic will both make the sub-state, the other district is not competitive. On paper CAK shouldn't lose a game, and Catholic shouldn't get within 10 points. But...Catholic is well coached, and CAK plays flat. I am not going to predict an upset, but it wouldn't surprise me, which is sad. My prediction, CAK in three, too much size and talent.

AAA- Farragut won't lose a game. The only school that has this much talent is CAK. The battle is for second. Bearden should win, they also have a lot of talent. But...they way under perform. I could see an upset. Hardin Valley Academy is playing well, and I predict they finish second.

In the other district it will be between Oak Ridge and Anderson County. On paper it is OR. They are senior heavy, AC plays freshman and sophs, and have players out. OR beat AC earlier in the year, and went undefeated in district play. But...AC is playing well right now, beat Catholic to finish out the season, and somehow they seem to be playing well. Still, OR is having a great season. (Maybe its because Orcat hasn't been on here this season?). I predict OR in four!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In District 1 -

AA -  Sullivan South and Sullivan North will be moving on to the Regionals.  Sullivan North beat Sullivan East in a 5 set thriller last night and South beat Elizabethon.  The District 1 AA championship is tomorrow night.

AAA - This tournament is double elimination so TN HIgh and DB play tonight in the finals of the winners bracket and a regional berth.   Science HIll plays Sullivan Central in an elimination match with the winner playing the loser of the TN HIgh DB match.  Of course, whoever comes out of the losers bracket has to then win twice to claim the championship.

Nope it is a "true" double elimination in District 1 AAA as South has been down that path before.  I know the State tournament is different - as we have been down that path as well.  I didn't like the state tournament rule as I think it is unfair  - but no one asked me.

Sullivan south beats CAK. Due to the lack of coaching at CAK.

Farragut will beat Bearden due to too much talent. The coaching in this match is even. Both of them stink!! The players at Farragut are too talented to lose to Bearden. Bearden really misses the girls that didn't try out.

Webb wins state. Thats an easy one. Good coaching along with great players.