2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

I thought like that too. But, there is an incentive for Fuente to turn the U of M into the next TCU. He can do at the U of M what is unheard of. Winning will keep the Big Linemen home. Selling out home games and maxing out the home games packages opens up the money coffers. It's a whole lot easier to rasie money and build facilities when butts are in the seats.

Think about it. Be a king in Memphis. Win no less then 10 games a year. Have FedEx and the like throw money at your program, year after year.

When the big boys expand their conferences ... football drives the bus ... (ACC, and Big 10, and the Big 12) would love to get into the  TV market.

You think Mr. Smith at FedEx isn't going to cugh up the money to keep Fuente? If you are Fuente ... why go to the SEC and deal with it being a dog eat dog world, when you could rule the world from Memphis? A natural recruiting hotbed.

You ought to shoot for being the next Louisville.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought like that too. But, there is an incentive for Fuente to turn the U of M into the next TCU. He can do at the U of M what is unheard of. Winning will keep the Big Linemen home. Selling out home games and maxing out the home games packages opens up the money coffers. It's a whole lot easier to rasie money and build facilities when butts are in the seats.

Think about it. Be a king in Memphis. Win no less then 10 games a year. Have FedEx and the like throw money at your program, year after year.

When the big boys expand their conferences ... football drives the bus ... (ACC, and Big 10, and the Big 12) would love to get into the  TV market.

You think Mr. Smith at FedEx isn't going to cugh up the money to keep Fuente? If you are Fuente ... why go to the SEC and deal with it being a dog eat dog world, when you could rule the world from Memphis? A natural recruiting hotbed.

kwc,

Kids don't think the way you think they think... U of M has little to no cache to keep the guys that can actually leave from leaving... Winning won't solve all. When D'Angelo and Danny Wimprine were there Memphis won and slipped right back into mediocrity ...

I am telling you, Build an On Campus Stadium (40K-60K seats) and build it down in like a Hole (Ala Death Valley in Clemson). Create something Unique for the Memphis Program AND PAY the right people, All that just winning talk won't make it happen. If Fuente wins big enough he's GONE like the weekend. LOL

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Louisville, TCU, Utah, Boise State. You get my drift. Memphis is primed to do just that, but in a City that will feed off of it. It's a win/Win situation all around.

Yeah Louisville was worse off in football than Memphis has been in the late 90s when John L Smith then Bobby Petrino turned their program around. After this season Memphis better give your head coach more money because Wake Forest and North Carolina might want to talk to him about their openings.

Edited by BigDave1967

kwc,

Kids don't think the way you think they think... U of M has little to no cache to keep the guys that can actually leave from leaving... Winning won't solve all. When D'Angelo and Danny Wimprine were there Memphis won and slipped right back into mediocrity ...

I am telling you, Build and On Campus Stadium (40K-60K seats) and build it down in like a Hole (Ala Death Valley in Clemson). Create something Unique for the Memphis Program AND PAY the right people, All that just winning talk won't make it happen. If Fuente wins big enough he's GONE like the weekend. LOL

It's not a done deal without an on-campus Stadium. Winning does change things. It puts butts in the seats. All a recruit has to see when he visits is look out into the crowd and see rabid fans filling the place. It's a wrap after that! All it takes is one Drew Richmond to stay and help build it. If Tommy West was half as good as Justine Fuente, the point is moot. We have the Justine Fuente in place ... now we build behind what he's doing. Remember ... he's doing this WITHOUT a Dengelo. Wait until he gets some of those ... and he will.

Then ... Ole Miss and UCLA games may just go the other way.

Edited by kwc

Louisville, TCU, Utah, Boise State. You get my drift. Memphis is primed to do just that, but in a City that will feed off of it. It's a win/Win situation all around.

A GREAT COACH and/or BIG MONEY drives these types of changes... There are too many UT, Alabama, Vandy, Ole Miss Arkansas and other SEC area Alumni in the area to truly LET Memphis Tiger Football do what you are envisioning... Haters are abound in the City of Memphis! Let's be serious. 

A GREAT COACH and/or BIG MONEY drives these types of changes... There are too many UT, Alabama, Vandy, Ole Miss Arkansas and other SEC area Alumni in the area to truly LET Memphis Tiger Football do what you are envisioning... Haters are abound in the City of Memphis! Let's be serious. 

Vandy isn't a player anywhere outside the Nashville area and they're barely a player there.

It's not a done deal without an on-campus Stadium. Winning does change things. It puts butts in the seats. All a recruit has to see when he visits is look out into the crowd and see rabid fans filling the place. It's a wrap after that! All it takes is one Drew Richmond to stay and help build it. If Tommy west was half as good as Justine Fuente, the point is moot. We have the Justine Fuente in place ... now we build behind what he's doing. Remember ... he's doing this WITHOUT a Dengelo. Wait until he gets some of those ... and he will.

Then ... Ole Miss and UCLA games may just go the other way.

Mark didn't even really consider Memphis. Ole Miss had 3 Backs that were older than him at Ole Miss when he signed... He knew another one was coming into Ole Miss with him, He still CHOSE OLE MISS over Memphis and Vandy. If he would have went to Vandy he would have only had 2 people to compete with... Vandy had a better shot. Now Mark may come back if Ole Miss keeps jerking him around with PT but Memphis as a football program has no Selling point compared to the other Area SEC schools plus UT...

I am serious BHS. Haters don't stop anything. You know that. IF you can believe it. You can Achieve it. Why not at Memphis?

So what ... Ole Miss is south of us. So What ... Miss State is south of us. So what ... Vandy and UT are west of us. So ... Winning changes all of that. If you can compete ... the players will come. Memphians have been losing at the U of M for so long. They believe that they can't keep players home. That's why it took someone who is not from around here who isn't brainwashed into thinking like that. Why not at Memphis?

Mark didn't even really consider Memphis. Ole Miss had 3 Backs that were older than him at Ole Miss when he signed... He knew another one was coming into Ole Miss with him, He still CHOSE OLE MISS over Memphis and Vandy. If he would have went to Vandy he would have only had 2 people to compete with... Vandy had a better shot. Now Mark may come back if Ole Miss keeps jerking him around with PT but Memphis as a football program has no Selling point compared to the other Area SEC schools plus UT...

I read somewhere on a UT message board that the NCAA was going to start investigating Ole Miss recruiting. If Ole Miss gets sanctions again that will help Memphis a whole lot. I think with the sudden way Ole Miss has become great in recruiting that they're buying players once again.

I am serious BHS. Haters don't stop anything. You know that. IF you can believe it. You can Achieve it. Why not at Memphis?

So what ... Ole Miss is south of us. So What ... Miss State is south of us. So what ... Vandy and UT are west of us. So ... Winning changes all of that. If you can compete ... the players will come. Memphians have been losing at the U of M for so long. They believe that they can't keep players home. That's why it took someone who is not from around here who isn't brainwashed into thinking like that. Why not at Memphis?

Listen, I know that Memphis, as a Football Program, could be great. I am just telling you why it will NEVER happen... I'm not saying it's impossible. I think there are 2 things that must happen for it to happen and Winning consistently isn't one of them... On Campus Stadium with a Distinct U of M only environment AND the Real Money in Memphis needs to be willing to "pay to play" the SEC caliber LINEMAN in the Area (ONLY) like the SEC does... Until those things happen we'll have a special Coach or player hit the scene every 10-15 years, have 2 or 3 good seasons then when those Special people leave Memphis will return to mediocrity. Being a realist here

I read somewhere on a UT message board that the NCAA was going to start investigating Ole Miss recruiting. If Ole Miss gets sanctions again that will help Memphis a whole lot. I think with the sudden way Ole Miss has become great in recruiting that they're buying players once again.

UT is good at slinging MUD... Ole Miss isn't cheating anymore or less than UT... Now if you don't think UT is paying to play then you shouldn't think Ole Miss is either...   <_<  :huh: