2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis Postgame Notes vs Middle Tennessee

Check out the # of Memphis High School players repped.

Memphis Postgame Notes vs Middle Tennessee

Check out the # of Memphis High School players repped.

Memphis getting better will make it tougher for Tennessee,Ole Miss,Mississippi State and Arkansas in recruiting the Memphis area

Freefootballradio says WKBQ 93.5 broadcasts games also. Hopefully they'll carry the games online

You know, I knew that WKBQ 93.5 carried the games on the radio, but I never thought to try and stream the games from there because I always just listen to it on the radio or just follow using ESPN's gamecast. I may try that as well because the Ole Miss game was blacked out from ESPN 3, so I just listened on the radio when I could, or followed on Gamecast.

You know, I knew that WKBQ 93.5 carried the games on the radio, but I never thought to try and stream the games from there because I always just listen to it on the radio or just follow using ESPN's gamecast. I may try that as well because the Ole Miss game was blacked out from ESPN 3, so I just listened on the radio when I could, or followed on Gamecast.

560 am WHBQ in Memphis carries the Ole Miss games online

Edited by BigDave1967

Memphis getting better will make it tougher for Tennessee,Ole Miss,Mississippi State and Arkansas in recruiting the Memphis area

You know, I honestly felt that some of the guys that were on the 2012 Whitehaven team wanted to go to Memphis, but at the time, the U of M was not competitive at all. I wish that Sims (Vandy) and Dodson (Ole Miss) would have stayed home. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame them for leavingto play in the SEC ... but ... If they knew then what we are witnessing now ... who knows.

I agree ... winning big helps to keep guys at home. Who doesn't want to play at home and make it easy for family to come watch you play. Some folks want to leave home, I get that. But, if Memphis is winning and competing ... things are going to change on the homefront. All it takes is for a Drew Richmond (MUS) or a Josh McMillion (Whitehaven) or a Deddrick Thomas (Central) to stay home and recruit his fellow classmates to stay home.

Edited by kwc

Until U of M builds an ON CAMPUS STADIUM and Starts to pay to play the best BIG MEN (SEC caliber lineman) in the area like the SEC does they'll always be a stepping stone program/job.

I'm hoping Butch Jones can really start getting the gifted Memphis and West Tennessee players in the top 5 recruiting classes that he's pulling in.

Charles Harris is special.

Coach10ac:

What is the talk around the Whitehaven players about what's going on over at the U of M? I know how the coaches feel about the program. They have recruited a lot of our players and we are seeing a lot of them putting in work and getting on the field. What's the word as you have heard it when it comes to the U of M and the players at Whitehaven. I know McMillion is going to Bama. But, what's the general feel from the team and players that are being recruited by D-1 schools?

Until U of M builds an ON CAMPUS STADIUM and Starts to pay to play the best BIG MEN (SEC caliber lineman) in the area like the SEC does they'll always be a stepping stone program/job.

I thought like that too. But, there is an incentive for Fuente to turn the U of M into the next TCU. He can do at the U of M what is unheard of. Winning will keep the Big Linemen home. Selling out home games and maxing out the home games packages opens up the money coffers. It's a whole lot easier to rasie money and build facilities when butts are in the seats.

Think about it. Be a king in Memphis. Win no less then 10 games a year. Have FedEx and the like throw money at your program, year after year.

When the big boys expand their conferences ... football drives the bus ... (ACC, and Big 10, and the Big 12) would love to get into the  TV market.

You think Mr. Smith at FedEx isn't going to cough up the money to keep Fuente? It's good for business locally for the U of M to do well ... besides ... that's his alma mater.  If you are Fuente ... why go coach in the SEC or wherever, and deal with it being a dog eat dog world, when you could rule the world from Memphis? A natural recruiting hotbed.

Edited by kwc