Loudon football

onetworemember

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Alcoa has won multiple champions what has McMinn Central done in the past beside being a W on other team's football results?

Has absolutely nothing to do with comparing McMinn Central/Loudon vs. Alcoa. The post was made because there is no reason to be jerks to everyone on the board (who are discussing their successful teams this season) just because you have better players than everyone in 3A and most in 4A. 

It is amazing to me that every thread you go to there is an Alcoa poster bashing every team.  We at McMinn Central do not have an open zone nor do we worry about it.  The great new for us is that these are our kids that we watch grow up in our community giving everything they have to represent THEIR hometown.  I don't care if Alcoa recruits and I don't care if kids come there just to play football.  Alcoa is the measuring stick and if you look at my post over the years I have always given them credit.  We are who we are and I am just fine with that.  Last time we played Alcoa was the first round of the playoffs where they were a #1 seed and we were an #8.  Final of that game 28-14.  Now if I remember correctly Rankin went on record to say that we were a dirty team.  All I could do was shake my head, especially after watching some of the dirty play coming from the Alcoa boys.  We all have opinions, I get that, but come on, it just gets old.

As for Loudon, since it is the topic- They are a solid football and I have always had respect for thier program.  They are like us, it is their kids just playing their guts out just to represent their town. 

It is amazing to me that every thread you go to there is an Alcoa poster bashing every team.  We at McMinn Central do not have an open zone nor do we worry about it.  The great new for us is that these are our kids that we watch grow up in our community giving everything they have to represent THEIR hometown.  I don't care if Alcoa recruits and I don't care if kids come there just to play football.  Alcoa is the measuring stick and if you look at my post over the years I have always given them credit.  We are who we are and I am just fine with that.  Last time we played Alcoa was the first round of the playoffs where they were a #1 seed and we were an #8.  Final of that game 28-14.  Now if I remember correctly Rankin went on record to say that we were a dirty team.  All I could do was shake my head, especially after watching some of the dirty play coming from the Alcoa boys.  We all have opinions, I get that, but come on, it just gets old.

As for Loudon, since it is the topic- They are a solid football and I have always had respect for thier program.  They are like us, it is their kids just playing their guts out just to represent their town. 

28-18

Central's kicker was injured the day before the game. Could have easily been 28-24, IMO. That game really brought our community together. A lot of proud people that night!

Edited by BloodCharger

Good post, Mr. D! Maybe McMinn Central fans need to comment on every basketball thread involving Alcoa. LOL

The Central/Loudon matchup should be a good one. Two very solid teams with local boys playing for community pride.