Alcoa

onetworemember

Also, you mention renewing the old rivalries? Yes everyone will really look forward to those HUGE RIVALS like Oliver Springs & Wartburg LMAO. CAK will now be 3a so that rivalry won't be in 2a like it was before the Z plan. Loudon may not even be in that region.

So honestly with all due respect to one of the best programs in the state...why wouldn't Alcoa at least want to play in 3a? Still would blow out most teams & win state, but there would be a little more competition.

It's pretty ridiculous that people continually point to the weaker teams in the area and mention how unfair it is to those teams or how Alcoa is playing beneath themselves by playing where they are classified to play. When you look ACROSS THE STATE with the projected classifications, there doesn't seem to be much difference between 2A and 3A. There's about 5 teams in both that are state title contenders and some of those 2A schools can, and do, routinely beat the 3A schools.

Alcoa should move up to 3A in football. Your pretty much beating up everyone in 3A anyway. Plus you make more $$$ in gates playing Kingston, CAK & Loudon and other 3A schools then you would playing Oliver Springs, Wartburg and that bunch

Alcoa will stay at 3A or go down to 2A(which they could probably do with student population of Alcoa).

Alcoa should move up to 3A in football. Your pretty much beating up everyone in 3A anyway. Plus you make more $$$ in gates playing Kingston, CAK & Loudon and other 3A schools then you would playing Oliver Springs, Wartburg and that bunch

Nope. We're just fine where we are. Maybe everyone else should get on our level. Our enrollment is barely above the cutoff.

Wrong....football is a completely different animal. You can move up in football & it will not affect the other spots because there will be 6 classes & only 3 in all other sports. Just like it was back before the Z plan.

Also, you mention renewing the old rivalries? Yes everyone will really look forward to those HUGE RIVALS like Oliver Springs & Wartburg LMAO. CAK will now be 3a so that rivalry won't be in 2a like it was before the Z plan. Loudon may not even be in that region.

So honestly with all due respect to one of the best programs in the state...why wouldn't Alcoa at least want to play in 3a? Still would blow out most teams & win state, but there would be a little more competition.

This is the problem that TSSAA has created by having too many state titles for the size of our state. It is watered down & teams like Alcoa & Fulton among others would rather play in different classes than each other so that they can all get state championship rings. If they were all in the same class we could have some GREAT matchups & find out who the true state champion is. Instead we have to watch 40-60 point wins in state championship games.

3 classes would be plenty, then Alcoa & Fulton among others would be stuck together in Double A.

Our rivalries with those guys go way back into the 70's, and we've had some fun battles with them through the years. We will probably keep our rivalry with CAKe even after the reclassification separates us, at least I hope. Our enrollment is barely above the cutoff as it is, so at this point, it's on the other teams to get better if they want to beat us.

Our rivalries with those guys go way back into the 70's, and we've had some fun battles with them through the years. We will probably keep our rivalry with CAKe even after the reclassification separates us, at least I hope. Our enrollment is barely above the cutoff as it is, so at this point, it's on the other teams to get better if they want to beat us.

Yup.....I hope Trousdale County will be 2A! I'd love to see Alcoa play them for a couple of years just to shut up uppercrybabyman!!!! Grace will also fun to beat up! Yea.....fresh meat!

Yup.....I hope Trousdale County will be 2A! I'd love to see Alcoa play them for a couple of years just to shut up uppercrybabyman!!!! Grace will also fun to beat up! Yea.....fresh meat!

Yeah Alcoa would mop the floor with Trousdale Co mosy years. I would like to see Alcoa move up myself. A Fulton vs Alcoa matchup in November would be Epic!!!!

Nope. We're just fine where we are. Maybe everyone else should get on our level. Our enrollment is barely above the cutoff.

This is a weak excuse lol... I can't remember the exact number but in 2010 region basketball tournament I talked to the head trainer at Alcoa... He told me about 65% of all male students play football... So yeah your enrollment may be low but when that many boys play ball enrollment doesn't matter at all... No offense but yall football teams have 6a size and numbers so that enrollment argument is slightly weak...

This is a weak excuse lol... I can't remember the exact number but in 2010 region basketball tournament I talked to the head trainer at Alcoa... He told me about 65% of all male students play football... So yeah your enrollment may be low but when that many boys play ball enrollment doesn't matter at all... No offense but yall football teams have 6a size and numbers so that enrollment argument is slightly weak...

Don't know who you talked to but I can gaurentee it wasn't our head trainer.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Alcoa would mop the floor with Trousdale Co mosy years. I would like to see Alcoa move up myself. A Fulton vs Alcoa matchup in November would be Epic!!!!

Let's not kid ourselves here. Fulton would scream bloody murder if they heard they had to face us in the playoffs, and then Jody Wright would find some way to move Fulton to a different classification.

And our head trainer is a woman, Peggy Bratt, so your argument is out the window.

We have players to beat 6A teams, but not enough ATHLETES to do so week in and week out. So we're playing where we belong for sure.

• Upvote 1