Knoxville Catholic

KCHSVB4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually try and stay as neutral as I can on most matters. However, this one really seems to smell bad.  KCHS is a team that has had its ups and downs all year.  Lots of potential but never seeming to get there.  They play a great match against CAK in the regional finals and barely get beat out.  Then against all odds they travel to a perennial state powerhouse and upset them in their own gym, and apparently (it sounds like) some of the parents of the KCHS team are complaining and bitching about the coach.  Wow, your team is going to the state tournament for the first time in 6 years.  This is a moment your child will never forget.  Embrace it, and support it  100%,  My goodness don't be a divider, be a supporter.  No wonder Coach Garland (according to CoachT) wants to leave.  Despite all of the negative comments out there, and I am sure he hears it everyday, he is still coaching his butt off for your girls the best he can.  Parents out there, be team players and not such a bunch of selfish individuals.  Get over it and support your team. 

Somewhere we have lost something in our society.  Pull together people and be team players.  Parents, you have no idea how much you influence your kids when you ###### and complain at home.  Think about it.  Volleyball is a great game and this high school experience is something your kids can cherish the rest of their lives if you don't mess it up.  Embrace the journey, if you can get over the "me" syndrome.

Good luck to all of the teams at the state tournament.

Beachboy

Well played tourney KC! Several matches in the 5th game you prevailed! But for 1 day during that 2 hour span of time you were defeated by a better team that wants revenge against a team that put your team and my team (Signal Mtn) into the losers bracket, revenge is sweet! Best of luck! See you in the football playoffs.