Farragut vs Bearden the rematch

K2ruth

Wow, cannot wait for the regional finals to see Bearden vs Farragut the rematch. I think Farragut lost there confidence and Bearden, at home, will win in 4.

The Bearden setter is one of the best to ever play in Knoxville. She has carried the team all season, and the MB finally stepped up to help and played lights out against Farragut. I actually thought she should have been MVP, but you can't blame a dad lobbying hard for his daughter, and based on what she has done all season it is more of an acknowledgment for great play!

PhillyAI, what are your thoughts on the rematch?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other topic is where the talk about this match, match of the year, is happening so move it over!

The Bearden setter may be the best to ever play in Knoxville. Finally her teammates showed up to help her last night. I believe she will lead Bearden to another win over Farragut on Tuesday. With her leadership she can take them a long way.

This one is at Bearden and you bet they will be out in force.

sorry posted on wrong thread.

I agree. The setter is great, she just needs the continued good passes to make the sets. Hopefully they keep up the passing game. FHS will want revenge though and will come in confident, they always do. Unfortunately BHS's home advantage with the hot gym won't deter FHS since they play in the same conditions. LOL  

I think Thursdays match came down to three things:

1) The Bearden setter is a once in a decade type player. She makes mediocre hitters a rel threat.

2) Farragut is one dimensional, if their two hitters get stopped they panic.

3) The Bearden supporting players finally showed up and supported their leader with passing and blocking.

Tuesday will be about pride. Farragut has a much better team, but the don't have a player the caliber of the Bearden setter. She is special. Can she repeat! I think she can! PhillyAI, do you regret your decision now that Bearden is going to make a run at the State Tournament!

Saw Bearden play in a tournament, I thought the setter looked great but she had zero support from her teammates. She had good hands but was run all over the court by the bad passes the back row was spraying around, and got frustrated by the hitters inefficiency. I am surprised they beat Farragut, not because Farragut was that good, but because Bearden didn't have anything BUT the setter. Farragut was slow, and ran way too much of the offense thru the outside. Still, I don't see Bearden beating them again, they should just be happy to have made the regional.

K2R. First of all let me go on record as to saying it isn't my decision. The decision for her to play High School volleyball was hers. I support that decision. If you ask her whether she cares or not she will tell you she would NEVER play for the bearden coach. UNder NO circumstances. She decided that on her own. Bearden did play in the regionals last year so she experienced that.

Now, I'm not going to rehash why she decided not to play. Go back to my other post and you will know why. In his mind there is literally no one on the team except his daughter.Everyone else is just helping his daughter get what he thinks she deserves. If the parents don't realize that than that's their problem. Ther's a reason why the Randolph girl (2012) didn't make all district MVP. Wish I could tell it. Just read my previous post. You will understand

PhillyAl,

I was in the meeting where the district coaches voted on MVP and other district awards in 2012.  It was held at Catholic and it was a an anonymous vote by all district coaches. I'm sure he voted for her but she, obviously, did not win.  If I remember correctly, it was Emma Milstead from Farragut.

I do have some great stories about the conversations held in that room that would blow some of you away!!!

I went to the Bearden Farragut game. I must confess. I said I liked the pictures of the girls and the 2012 team until one of the Farragut parents pointed out that the 2012 picture that the coach put up was one taken without their injured libero. I was shocked that he would allow this to be printed. I enquired more and found out that she went to every practice and every game including summer workouts and he still put up the team picture with her left out. I usually stay neutral on everything except Karns but this is terrible. Lost all respect for the program and the coach. Waited a little bit before I wrote this because I needed to hear back from that Farragut parent to find out if there was a team picture with the libero in it. Answer was "yes" there is. I can't believe any coach would do this to one of his own. Phillyal may be right in his/her assessment of why the coach is there.