Farragut vs Bearden the rematch

K2ruth

BBV do you ever talk to BHS parents about what happens at BHS or just your FHS/K2 Coach hating contact? There were plenty of us to talk to last night. Even the parent who personally paid to have that picture framed.

I'm not going to get into a big argument over this because I have a feeling no matter what is said the hatred and bashing will continue, just with a new topic.

The picture and banners were hung just this past August 2014. That is how long it took to get approved and hung by the school. The coach had nothing to do with it. Parents did. Getting volleyball recognized by our school is an act of congress and after much badgering we were given approval to hang a photo by our AD after last season. Thats when the hunt for a photo started. This is the one that was chosen...by a parent.  It took until the end of August for the school to even get around to hanging it. We never even thought it would actually get hung. The coach didn't see it until it was on the wall. Parents finally got approval to put vb stuff up in our gym and we jumped on it. As you even saw, we were given just the little corner by the stairs. 

The picture was taken so long ago debate is out as to when it was taken. But, It was a scheduled photo. The girls were told to wear uniforms and bring the awards that are in their hands and they are not sweaty and all have their hair down. It was taken in the BHS gym, not at state.  

ALL team members knew the photo was being taken.

I don't know why the injured libero is not there, maybe she wasn't feeling well enough. She had several, Three I believe, surgical procedures that season for various reasons.  She was at a lot of practices when she could make it. But to say she was at every practice and game is not correct. The entire last half of summer she was recovering from her injury. She may have made summer work outs because her injury happened in the mid part of summer. However, she was not there for all practices and games, it was physically impossible. She needed to be protected from infections and didn't attend volleyball events when her injury couldn't be exposed.

I don't know how the FHS parent seems to think they know so much about what goes on at BHS, but there is NOT another version of this picture with the injured libero in it. It was a one time arranged photo session and the only photo we could find from 2 years ago.

I know that the k2 parents love to discuss bearden and our coach like they know everything, but their versions of reality always leave out the whole story. And I say K2 not FHS. Many of the FHS parents respect the BHS coach, its just the k2/kva nonsense bleeding into High school volleyball. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update to last post.

Its been determined the picture was after districts before state.

Libero did know the picture was going to be taken. She was probably well enough by then to be in it, but for some reason must have chosen not to.?? IDK. A copy of the photo was given to our coach at the banquet that year, signed by all players including the libero. 

That was the only team photo taken that year, the first year he coached.

KnoxD. I don't talk to parents at Bearden because I don't know any of them. My daughter played at PR. When she played. I wish I knew who you were last night because I would have come up and said hello. I understand the plight of womens volleyball in our area and getting High Schools to recognize it is a HUGE task to say the least. We were lucky, our coach pushed for recognition and received it. We did the pictures too. I loved the pictures. They looked great.

Now knowing high school sports and parents. I can almost guarentee there is a team picture with ALL members in it. You can say what you want. I do respect all your post you are a tell it like it is kind of person. There is NO EXCUSE for ANY player to be left out of a TEAM picture. When the coach saw it he (immediatley) should have said "we need to find a picture with everyone in it". I'm sorry. There is no excuse. Say what you want whatever. I can guarentee there was a picture with everyone in it that year. Too many parents taking A LOT of pictures.

I always agree with your post KnoxD but, as a parent of an ex player, I can't agree with this. I can't see how any parent let alone Coach would do this either. SORRY!! Love your post though 

Tell that middle of yours good luck in DB!!! Hope you win!

Thanks BBV. We will have to meet at the next opportunity.

I'm sure there were more pictures taken, but being 2 years ago and with the combo of players leaving and photos taken on phones and ipads, this is the only team shot that was found.

Funny thing is it seems non BHS parents are the only ones with a problem with it. Like I said earlier the pic was signed by all players including the libero and given as a gift to the coach and players at the end of the season. This was paid for by the BHS booster club who's treasurer was the libero's own parent. If they would have had another pic or an issue with this photo being a representation of the team season don't you think it wouldn't have been used, or at least not given out as gifts?

I understand where your coming from but I think too many people are just looking for reasons to cause problems. I don't believe the libero or her parents are upset with the pic.

Should we not have given the team the recognition after something like 15 years since the last time BHS got to state after arguing and harassing the principal and AD because we couldn't find a 2 year old pic? I also guarantee if we were to take it down now,  if we had another photo, it would never get back up waiting for knox county to get around to hanging it.

KnoxD. The conncept of hanging the picture isn't the issue. I'm sure the player and her parents could care less. I and you would be the same way. Like I said, it takes an act of you know who to get girls sports recognized and I commend you on it. Changing the picture isn't the issue either. The issue is the fact that any coach would allow this to happen. ALL coaches preach "team". NO coach (well I guess one would) would hang a picture without his whole team in it.

Would you send a family picture out for a christmas card with everyone except your daughter in it? That's the point.

Fair enough.

But if she chose not to be in it, then what?

I'm not saying that is what happened but no one knows or remembers why she didn't come to the photo session. If she was physically unable then I would agree, but if it was her choice via other commitments or whatever than it shouldn't be an issue.

Since we may not ever know maybe we can replace it with a picture from this season.

Don't know who McEachern is but if its a copyrighted photo it probably couldn't be used unless purchased. This photo was blown up and framed by a parent at their own cost.  And whos to say she would,ve been in that photo eitheri if it was at the beginning of the season, that was at the height of her injuries.

Edited by Knoxdoyles

LOL. Like I said. There is NO excuse. There are too many parents with cameras wanting shots of the team. The team won a bunch that year (i would imagine).

I will give you this. If this is the only picture of the team (which I know isn't true) then yes there is nothing that could have been done.

Every team takes a "team " picture by McEachern before the season. Hard to believe they skipped Bearden.

Added to last post:

Don't know who McEachern is but if its a copyrighted photo it probably couldn't be used unless purchased. This photo was blown up and framed by a parent at their own cost.  And whos to say she would,ve been in that photo eitheri if it was at the beginning of the season, that was at the height of her injuries.

Have since researched: McEachern does not to BHS photos and hasn't for at least 3 years. All Photos are bids/contracts with the yearbook photos and sports photos. BHS does not use them. Other knox county schools do. Thats why I hadn't heard of them. They have to be under contract with each individual school to come out and take team photos.

KnoxD. I can no longer read without writing. My daughter was on the 2012 Bearden Volleyball team. It was such a fun team. I am looking at my copy of the team picture. Every parent and coach received one. It has all the players in it. Including the player in question (and what a great kid she is btw). It's the official team picture. It's even in the year book. The year book that everyone has at their house. Oh but we couldn't find any other picture to put up??? What a bunch of bull. Like others have said on here. There is no excuse for a coach to put up a "team" picture with one member left out. The Team Basketball picture is done the same way. They use the "official" school team picture. How can anyone say you couldn't find anything but this one? What an insult to the kid. Copy write photos are available to be purchased (if this is copy written). The fact that it was in the year book tells me that the school owned it and the coach (if he cared) could have gotten a copy of it. As a parent and I see you are one too, this is downright wrong. It's great that a parent took this upon him or herself to blow up a picture, but when the coach saw it (again if he cared) he would have made sure he found a picture with everyone in it. I can tell you one thing. If he was coaching and his daughter wasn't in the picture he would have searched for one she was in. This one was easy to find. He probably has two at his house since he coached and his daughter was on the team. There are 21 people in this picture and we all received one. What a shame. Lost some respect after this one. Quit making excuses. First post and hopefully my last.

Edited by luvmygirls

Then Luv please share your photo with our Booster club. Maybe it can be reproduced in good enough quality to blow up. The only photo any of our remaining players and parents could find was the one they got in the bag at the end of the year. It is the one that was used. Not sure when the picture you talk of was given out. If there were copies of the teams' yearbook photo given to players, no one else seems to know where thier's is after 2 years.

My daughter didn't play that year so I know I don't have any to contribute.

I think I know who you are and would assume that you know as a past involved team parent, us other parents work hard to do all we can to make BHS VB a great program . It's not a conspiracy, Putting up a photo to celebrate getting to state wasn't a way to intentionally hurt another player. The decision to use that photo, careless, yes.  You've experienced the politics of dealing with the school and trying to get something, anything accomplished. The opportunity to put up a photo for state was open, we took it. The line "There is no excuse for a coach to put up a "team" picture with one member left out." isn't quite fair. You also know how much parents are involved in this team and this decision and installation was done completely by the parents (that is why even posted in the first place. Us parents take responsibility for this issue and the blame needs to placed on the right people.)  You also know that the booster wouldn't have money to purchase a picture that size from a photographer even if after 2 years it was still available.

But fortunately, it sounds like you have the means to help fix it so please share your photo. (yes, anyone could take it from the year book, but blowing up a printed picture isn't good enough, we'd need an actual photo in high resolution.)  

I assume you know who I am and can find my email address. I would be happy to scan the photo in a high enough quality to hopefully blow it up to a usable size. I have no problem battling with BHS personnel to try and change the photo. No parent at BHS VB wants a former player upset.  The photo has only been up for  just over a month and if we can remedy the problem we will.  

Edited by Knoxdoyles