Farragut vs Bearden the rematch

K2ruth

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that wasn't my first and last. This is so funny to me. First of all I'm not blaming a thing on the booster club or parents. The old adage "the buck stops here" holds true for this. Quit making excuses for your coach. It's pathetic reading all of them. The coach is the boss. He has the final word. If he doesn't then shame on him. The picture is the official school picture that is taken by the photographer hired by the school. They line up and take it. Look at the yearbook. You can see it. It's exactly like the ones we would buy of our childs' class pictures. Since your daughter wasn't on the team let me tell you that everyone got a picture. Like I said. The coach gets one and so do the players so he has 2. Not my fault or your fault that no one can "seem" to find the picture. Its funny how every girl has a yearbook but no one asked how to get a copy of the picture. Again I'll ask you a question. Do you think the coach would have allowed a picture to stay up ( since he hadn't seen it until it was up lol) that his daughter wasn't in? The answer is NO! We all know that.

The girl in question probably has no idea this is even being talked about. My daughter didn't even know. It's not about any certain girl, its about any player being left out of a team photo and the coach being ok with that.They could care less too. No one should change the picture. This is the Picture the coach wanted on the wall. It's his team HE gets to chose. I just had to say my peace because I just figured out what was going on and couldn't take not saying anything. It's not the parents/boosters fault. Quit taking the blame. Everything a booster does like this is run by the coach and if it's not then when the coach sees it and doesn't like it he or she tells them to change it. It's real simple. One of these days the coach will start owning up to things he does. The one person talks about an "agenda". I think they may be on to something.

This is the last I will post on the photo subject.

I'm not here to change anyone's mind on our coach. It is what it is.

I wasn't the parent to obtain the photo or ask for photos.

I wasn't the parent to pay for the framing.

I wasn't a parent on the team that year.

I am a parent on the team this year and don't like it when a decision made this year is seen as a bad reflection on our BHS team and booster club. I took it personally when people post negative comments about our program. We all work hard.

Once a solution, access to a different photo was mentioned, I offered to fix it.

I can't control what the coach does or doesn't do. All I can do is try and explain the situation and decisions that were made at the time and now try and fix it.

After txting with the parent of the player in question about the photo, here is their reply:

"I say good job to the person who took care of getting the picture done, hung and the accomplishment being recognized!!! Maybe Coach T should produce the picture if he thinks it needs to be replaced!!! As far as me finding a picture that was “handed outâ€â€¦..I wouldn’t know where to begin looking for one in the boxes and boxes of un-scrapbooked photos I have in the basement. This is ridiculous that someone would take the time to discuss someone being in or out of a picture. If it doesn’t bother us, (we didn’t even know a picture was hung) , why should it bother them or him or whoever??? Don’t give it a second thought!!"

Apparently no fix is needed.

Class act for sure!

Edited by Knoxdoyles

K2R Why are you always right? These people always want to blame others. This subject wasn't brought up because someone complained about it. It was seen by a farragut parent who in turn brought it to BBV's attention and BBV thought is was classless. BBV brought it to the board and thus it became a discussion topic. Most on here agreed and put in their 2 cents. Which is what your supposed to do on a message forum. Good discussion from both sides. It just so happens to be pretty cut and dry on who was wrong here and I think someone's nerve was hit. Asking a family what their thoughts are has nothing to do with why this discusiion happened in the first place. Great. The family could care less. luvmygirls already predicted that. We all could have told you that. It's not about the family its all about what happened and why the coach let it happen. It all goes back to "the agenda" remember the agenda?

sorry I didn't get a chance to comment on the picture luvmygirls brought up. I was busy with my night job.

The picture LMG is talking about i figured was out there. I have 4 of them from when my daughter played. It's the actual one taken by the school and each parent is given one. The coach gets one for free. LMG said everyone got one. Before you go nuts on me, i'm not saying that, I'm just repeating what the poster said. This, however, does make sense because its a normal thing. So I would have to agree with the poster. This then leads me to believe that although I agree it's not the fault of the parents/boosters, it is the coaches responsibility to take care of all his players and to leave non out. This is just the normal thing people do. The coach, NOT THE PARENTS, should be embarrased by this (now that we know a picture exist). Sorry coach, but you are the head of the team and boosters (like it or not). Maybe Phillyal is right when he/she insinuates that if you don't play or help the coaches club you will "get yours". I said maybe, not saying it is fact. It smells awful fishy though.

PhillyAI, is pressure put on the team to play club, or is the pressure to play club for the club he owns?

Does anyone think a conflict of interest exists with the coach owning KVA? Also, what is the reaction of the parents to last nights upset? With the athletes and size that Bearden had I thought they would go a long way. What happened?

Edited by K2ruth