Farragut vs Bearden the rematch

K2ruth

I do think that there is a conflict of interest for any coach that coaches high school and coaches club.  How could there not be?  I'm not saying that it shouldn't happen but there should be rules.  One major one is that you should not be able to discuss your club, recruit, announce any dates, or promote in any way your club.  That should be left out totally.  Focus on the season at hand and your job which is to coach high school.  Worry about club when it's club season and leave your high school players out of it.  Research, look up records, coaches backgrounds, and speak to players and parents about which club is best for them.  That's the advice that coaches should give when asked directly about where their daughter should play club.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't any pressure for the girls to play KVA but those that don't will be dealt with accordingly. That's why the picture was put up and not took down. If the girl missing would have played for KVA the picture would have changed.

Yes CBFO is affiliated with KVA. That's where they play their games. Kva should actually rethink their affiliation with the person who runs the league.

K2R. You are right. Philly has really made some good points on this situation. It's a shame that's been going on at Bearden and its a shame the girl in question (who Philly says was the best coach on the court for the girls) had that done to her. Didn't think people around here did those things.

I think on the CBFO thing that philly is talking about the AC situation that the CBFO person is in the middle of. It's under investigation so we don't want to discuss it here.

After seeing what the Bearden coach did to one of his own players (leaving her out of rteam picture) I can't believe they would keep him. Maybe the adminstartion doesn't know. Anyone on here know the answer to that? I'm sure they would love to get the catholic coach. If my memory is correct, the catholic coach turned the job down before they offered it to the current coach. I wonder if Bearden would take him since he turned them down before. K2Ruth any thoughts on this?