8-AA Girls

uknow22

Ok, opinion here. Who does everyone think has the best gym/atmosphere in the district. I say LA followed by MC.

LA has a nice feel & the best setup for the students. Its a shame the students don't take advantage of it & get crazy loud. Heck they won't put their phones down to cheer at the girls games. Central has a nice setup & best student section.

Wow!! looks like the "senior pay their dues deserving to play philosphy" not working this year in Overton County.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

oldkodger, on 17 Dec 2014 - 6:55 PM, said:snapback.png

I disagree. LA, CM, & SC are the ones that will end up at the top & prob in that order. LA has always struggled somewhat in SC. Alot of people seem to think because of LA's depth & the fact that Brown & Lamb are off the bench, that their absence isn't a huge loss. Just because they come off the bench, doesn't mean they are not 2 of the top 5. Coach Riddle has the luxury of starting the seniors & managing minutes for the younger ones. These girls put their time in to earn a starting position. This is how she reloads every year & why the starting point guard at UHS is there instead of staying home & playing at LA. Lamb causes matchup problems for most teams & will be the district player of the year next year & Brown will get the honor the following year. They have that kind of talent! If they are back when SC comes to LA or a neutral crt, then look for a different outcome. Nevertheless, SC got a good win this time.

Always play who deserves to play, whether freshman or senior. under classman play better than upper classman don't sit under classman just because upperclassman has paid the dues. This is not a union- ship, this is real world. "stay thirsty my friend" applies to the kids on the court trying to get playing time regardless of class rank.

Always said that you could take the bench warmers(and kids that dont make the team walking the halls) at La and create another team with good coaching and compete for district championships. As a parent ,as a player, and especially as  a coach would be a tough program to coach and play. Alot of good players and alot of disgruntled parents and fans, and a lot of pressure on the coaches. Why sit the bench? you just got 4 years until playing  career is over .. Transfer to other schools like Cookeville and play immediately, very few, if any will even have a chance to play at some small college or jr college.

Always said that you could take the bench warmers(and kids that dont make the team walking the halls) at La and create another team with good coaching and compete for district championships. As a parent ,as a player, and especially as  a coach would be a tough program to coach and play. Alot of good players and alot of disgruntled parents and fans, and a lot of pressure on the coaches. Why sit the bench? you just got 4 years until playing  career is over .. Transfer to other schools like Cookeville and play immediately, very few, if any will even have a chance to play at some small college or jr college.

The exact reason there needs to be a high school in Rickman for those kids that don't make the team can play.

Sorry to break it to you "goldencloud", but Coach Smith Riddle doesn't go to the Coach T message boards looking for personnel advice or next game strategies. She most likely will not see your posts at all. I probably wouldn't have either, but a "true LA fan" brought it to my attention.

Plain and simple what you are doing is CyberBullying. You are hiding behind anonymous posts while at the same time judging and berating teenage girls. I can say with much confidence that you have no true idea of these young ladies attitudes and dedication to LA basketball and their school. Every young lady you mentioned has a great attitude, wonderful heart, and the utmost dedication to our program at LA. You obviously do not know these young ladies at all.

My suggestion to you from here on out is to just skip the girls game. We don't want you there. Posting bullying statements aimed toward teenage high school students makes YOU the embarrassment to LA.

Elizabeth Maxwell Faulkner

LA Girls Basketball

Every child that has put on a uniform has given countless hours of hard work for their respective team.  I am an advocate of each player being able to determine their own future/playing time by the way they perform during practice and on the floor in a real game as well as their attitude and behavior on and off the floor.  There are a lot of coaches that allow parents and alumni to influence them but Coach Riddle doesn't strike me as that kind of person.  She has been too successful over a long period of time for that to be the case.  I've seen the freshman girl for Upperman play and she is a baller no doubt about it.  Didn't realize she transferred from LA but it happens.