8-AA Girls

uknow22

Would have liked to see them capitalize on one of the top players in the state being fouled out.

There is more to them as a team. When she has an off night there is always someone that steps up. I have watched the box scores all season. The main scorers will be back next year.

Edited by jimbo44

There is more to them as a team. When she has an off night there is always someone that steps up. I have watched the box scores all season. The main scorers will be back next year.

You are surely right my friend. I just couldn't allow them to hold without their best ball handler. Not knocking Leslie, she has done a great job over the years & I respect her. Just for conversation, could you sit and allow a team that shoots as well as Upperman spread the floor?

That's what the Bees do. LA did a fair job on Levy, but one can't clog up the middle to stop someone driving to the basket, without leaving someone open outside. LA did a good job on Gracie Maynard, the Bees best three shooter.

Edited by jimbo44

You are surely right my friend. I just couldn't allow them to hold without their best ball handler. Not knocking Leslie, she has done a great job over the years & I respect her. Just for conversation, could you sit and allow a team that shoots as well as Upperman spread the floor?

LA's defense was very good, so I could see putting her confidence in it.  With Levy out, the chances for no or bad shot were maybe better than UHS getting a good look.  It worked at the end of regulation with Levy in the game.

LA's defense was very good, so I could see putting her confidence in it. With Levy out, the chances for no or bad shot were maybe better than UHS getting a good look. It worked at the end of regulation with Levy in the game.

Good point. Don't want to take away from a great game played by both. Good luck to both and hope they meet again.